Saving URLs to HDD

ěyvind Granberg

Saving URLs to HDD
Hi...

I know this may not be the right NG, but please point me in the right
direction if I'm too off.

I have these hundreds of webpages I have made myself, containing more than
10 000 links to various places on the net.
What I want to do, is to save these links to my HDD.

In IE7 I can drag one and one from the browser and into the proper folder
and it is saved as a shortcut.
So far so good.
Now I use FF3 to do it, because there I don't have to answer yes every darn
time....

But what I would like do do is to select a batch of links and save them as
individual shortcuts on my HDD.
I have tried different addons in FF3, but they all save then into a
txt-file, and that seems not to be the right solution for me. The FF3 addon
Linky have a bug, and do not respond when I try to save selected links.

Is there a browser which can do this for me?
Is there some browsers addon which can do this for me?
Is there a program which can do this for me?
Or do I have to go through all the pages and drag the links one by one onto
the harddisk?
Can this be done in Dreamweaver?

--

Zadig Galbaras
(nick)

Don Varnau

Re: Saving URLs to HDD
Hi,
Which version of Windows?

> because there I don't have to answer yes every darn time....

What's the dialog/prompt? What are you having to respond to?

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"ěyvind Granberg" <tresfjording@live.no> wrote in message
> Hi...
>
> I know this may not be the right NG, but please point me in the right
> direction if I'm too off.
>
> I have these hundreds of webpages I have made myself, containing more than
> 10 000 links to various places on the net.
> What I want to do, is to save these links to my HDD.
>
> In IE7 I can drag one and one from the browser and into the proper folder
> and it is saved as a shortcut.
> So far so good.
> Now I use FF3 to do it, because there I don't have to answer yes every

darn
> time....
>
> But what I would like do do is to select a batch of links and save them as
> individual shortcuts on my HDD.
> I have tried different addons in FF3, but they all save then into a
> txt-file, and that seems not to be the right solution for me. The FF3

addon
> Linky have a bug, and do not respond when I try to save selected links.
>
> Is there a browser which can do this for me?
> Is there some browsers addon which can do this for me?
> Is there a program which can do this for me?
> Or do I have to go through all the pages and drag the links one by one

onto
> the harddisk?
> Can this be done in Dreamweaver?
>

> Zadig Galbaras
> (nick)
> www.tresfjording.com

ěyvind Granberg

Re: Saving URLs to HDD
Sorry about that :-)

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate with all updates

The dialogbox I have to click yes in pops up in the very instance I let go
of the mouse button when I drag a link from my webpage and into a folder on
my harddisk.

--

Zadig Galbaras
(nick)

"Don Varnau" <don_04[at]varnau[dot]org> skrev i nyhetsmeldingen:
eEhkGO2CJHA.4884@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl ...
> Hi,
> Which version of Windows?
>
>> because there I don't have to answer yes every darn time....

> What's the dialog/prompt? What are you having to respond to?
>
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "ěyvind Granberg" <tresfjording@live.no> wrote in message
>> Hi...
>>
>> I know this may not be the right NG, but please point me in the right
>> direction if I'm too off.
>>
>> I have these hundreds of webpages I have made myself, containing more
>> than
>> 10 000 links to various places on the net.
>> What I want to do, is to save these links to my HDD.
>>
>> In IE7 I can drag one and one from the browser and into the proper folder
>> and it is saved as a shortcut.
>> So far so good.
>> Now I use FF3 to do it, because there I don't have to answer yes every

> darn
>> time....
>>
>> But what I would like do do is to select a batch of links and save them
>> as
>> individual shortcuts on my HDD.
>> I have tried different addons in FF3, but they all save then into a
>> txt-file, and that seems not to be the right solution for me. The FF3

> addon
>> Linky have a bug, and do not respond when I try to save selected links.
>>
>> Is there a browser which can do this for me?
>> Is there some browsers addon which can do this for me?
>> Is there a program which can do this for me?
>> Or do I have to go through all the pages and drag the links one by one

> onto
>> the harddisk?
>> Can this be done in Dreamweaver?
>>

>> Zadig Galbaras
>> (nick)
>> www.tresfjording.com

Hans Le Roy

Re: Saving URLs to HDD
Hi,

> Sorry about that :-)
>
> I am running Windows Vista Ultimate with all updates
>
> The dialogbox I have to click yes in pops up in the very instance I let go
> of the mouse button when I drag a link from my webpage and into a folder
> on my harddisk.
>
> --

What you could try is some software that generates textfiles that look like:

[InternetShortcut]
URL=http://www.20minutos.es/

and saves them as separete files with different filenames and the .URL
extension.

If you aren't familiar with VBA or another programming language, you might
find something useful at www.snapfiles.com

CU

Hans

Don Varnau

Re: Saving URLs to HDD
Hi,
Sorry, I was thinking that CopyURL, part of Shell Tools (freeware) from
http://www.moonsoftware.com/shelltools.asp would be helpful. But I don't
think it will help.

The dialog you're answering yes to may be coming from UAC. You can disable
User Account Control (temporarily) from Control Panel> User Accounts.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"ěyvind Granberg" <tresfjording@live.no> wrote in message
> Sorry about that :-)
>
> I am running Windows Vista Ultimate with all updates
>
> The dialogbox I have to click yes in pops up in the very instance I let go
> of the mouse button when I drag a link from my webpage and into a folder

on
> my harddisk.
>

> Zadig Galbaras
> (nick)
> www.tresfjording.com

> "Don Varnau" <don_04[at]varnau[dot]org> skrev i nyhetsmeldingen:
> eEhkGO2CJHA.4884@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl ...
> > Hi,
> > Which version of Windows?
> >
> >> because there I don't have to answer yes every darn time....

> > What's the dialog/prompt? What are you having to respond to?
> >

> > "ěyvind Granberg" <tresfjording@live.no> wrote in message
> >> Hi...
> >>
> >> I know this may not be the right NG, but please point me in the right
> >> direction if I'm too off.
> >>
> >> I have these hundreds of webpages I have made myself, containing more
> >> than
> >> 10 000 links to various places on the net.
> >> What I want to do, is to save these links to my HDD.
> >>
> >> In IE7 I can drag one and one from the browser and into the proper

folder
> >> and it is saved as a shortcut.
> >> So far so good.
> >> Now I use FF3 to do it, because there I don't have to answer yes every

> > darn
> >> time....
> >>
> >> But what I would like do do is to select a batch of links and save them
> >> as
> >> individual shortcuts on my HDD.
> >> I have tried different addons in FF3, but they all save then into a
> >> txt-file, and that seems not to be the right solution for me. The FF3

> > addon
> >> Linky have a bug, and do not respond when I try to save selected links.
> >>
> >> Is there a browser which can do this for me?
> >> Is there some browsers addon which can do this for me?
> >> Is there a program which can do this for me?
> >> Or do I have to go through all the pages and drag the links one by one

> > onto
> >> the harddisk?
> >> Can this be done in Dreamweaver?
> >>

> >> Zadig Galbaras
> >> (nick)
> >> www.tresfjording.com

ěyvind Granberg

Re: Saving URLs to HDD
I have disabled the UAC... long time ago ....

The CopyURL tool is not what I have in mind.

Remember, I can drag and drop a link from the web page, and into a folder i
FF3 today.
Problem is that this way I can only drag and drop one link at the time.

I was wondering if there is a way to select multiple links and then drag and
drop them into a folder and they are saved as individual shortcuts.

I don't know of a clearer way to say this... :-(

--

#MhRXx7CJHA.4932@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl ...