RE: IE 7 Errors and "Losing Connection"

mi

RE: IE 7 Errors and "Losing Connection"
i too keep getting that same message each and every time i "x" out of a site.
WHY, WHY, WHY??? and i had to tag on to your complaint because nothing
happens when i try to add a new thread, no box appears for me to type in.
what am i doing wrong???? someone PLEASE HELP!!!
--
adeedo

"G McCraft" wrote:

> i keep getting the message that IE has encountered a problem and has to close
> (there's no other explanation). This happens constantly. When I try to
> report the error to Microsoft, I get the message that I need to be connected
> to the internet to make the report -- the thing though is the connection is
> alive. It is like IE cannot detect that the connection is still there.

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"mi" <mi@discussions.microsoft.com.> wrote in message
>i too keep getting that same message each and every time i "x" out of a
>site.
> WHY, WHY, WHY??? and i had to tag on to your complaint because nothing
> happens when i try to add a new thread, no box appears for me to type in.
> what am i doing wrong???? someone PLEASE HELP!!!
> --
> adeedo
>

> "G McCraft" wrote:
>
>> i keep getting the message that IE has encountered a problem and has to
>> close
>> (there's no other explanation). This happens constantly. When I try to
>> report the error to Microsoft, I get the message that I need to be
>> connected
>> to the internet to make the report -- the thing though is the connection
>> is
>> alive. It is like IE cannot detect that the connection is still there.

I know of three causes for the vast majority of such problems:
1. You might have incompatible add-ons:
Go to Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools
and click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

2. Tools | Internet Options | Advanced
Scroll to the bottom and click Reset Internet Explorer Settings. Read this
article first:
How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES):
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
Note that the Reset IE Settings button will delete AutoComplete data (such
as passwords.) Do you have those backed up?

3. Malware already installed on the computer: Help with malware
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for
malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince you that you
owe it to the author. See also:
of.

You might also try the steps here:
"Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts"

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email