IE8 Beta2 display errors

BBG

IE8 Beta2 display errors
TheAge.com.au (a major Aussie newspaper for the yanks) is not displayed
correctly. There is a problem mid-page under the business, travel,
technology, sport sections where the displayed text overlays itself. I
checked it against IE7, Safari, and Mozilla - the error is in IE8 beta, not
at TheAge.

Another change for the worse (if it is a feature and not an error) is
evidenced with yahoo groups where windows used to be constant width and the
'next msg" would be in the same place on the screen - now it goes all over
from left to right. (list all messagaes, pick one, and go through them using
the < > arrows.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: IE8 Beta2 display errors
Microsoft Help & Support and MS IE8 Home Page direct IE8 Beta users to the
wrong newsgroup.
For better assistance and for posting your feedback please try the
microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta newsgroup:

Via Web:

In your newsreader:

Thanks.

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

BBG wrote:
> TheAge.com.au (a major Aussie newspaper for the yanks) is not displayed
> correctly. There is a problem mid-page under the business, travel,
> technology, sport sections where the displayed text overlays itself. I
> checked it against IE7, Safari, and Mozilla - the error is in IE8 beta,
> not at TheAge.
>
> Another change for the worse (if it is a feature and not an error) is
> evidenced with yahoo groups where windows used to be constant width and
> the 'next msg" would be in the same place on the screen - now it goes all
> over from left to right. (list all messagaes, pick one, and go through
> them using the < > arrows.

> this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader
> and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...texplorer. ge
neral

BBG

RE: IE8 Beta2 display errors
USAToday.com comments are also broken - nothing at all is displayed.

I should have noted I am using WinXP X64. It coule be that IE8 beta2 is
broken on the orphaned X64, not on 32 bit OSes or Vista.