New Computer HELP!!!!!

TWHems

New Computer HELP!!!!!
I just purchased a new Dell 530 Inspirion.
Equipped with Vista Home Premium SP1 and IE7
Intel Duo Core processor 3mb and 3gb of RAM

Main problems are as follows:
Having kids they like Webkinz.com, when clicking on the log in the secondary
windows pops up but nothing afterward (screen is white and no activity)

Other sites such as our bank the site just crashes IE7

Tried to manage add ons as a possible solution to no avail
Also tried to turn off popup blockers on McAfee Security center and Internet
options...Once again to no avail.....

Totally surprised that a just purchased computer from Dell is struggling to
surf and navigate the web.

Frustrated in UpstateNY

Any advise or solutions would be totally appreciated!!

--
TWHems
rustyfender04

Re: New Computer HELP!!!!!
Have you tried Fire Fox instead?

"TWHems" <TWHems@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just purchased a new Dell 530 Inspirion.
> Equipped with Vista Home Premium SP1 and IE7
> Intel Duo Core processor 3mb and 3gb of RAM
>
> Main problems are as follows:
> Having kids they like Webkinz.com, when clicking on the log in the
> secondary
> windows pops up but nothing afterward (screen is white and no activity)
>
> Other sites such as our bank the site just crashes IE7
>
> Tried to manage add ons as a possible solution to no avail
> Also tried to turn off popup blockers on McAfee Security center and
> Internet
> options...Once again to no avail.....
>
> Totally surprised that a just purchased computer from Dell is struggling
> surf and navigate the web.
>
> Frustrated in UpstateNY
>
> Any advise or solutions would be totally appreciated!!
>

> --
> TWHems

Don Varnau

Re: New Computer HELP!!!!!
Hi,
1. With the warning that a reset will delete autocomplete data, such as
passwords and you will have to reinstall browser add-ons, work through this
article:
936213- How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/en-us

2. [Guided help] Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or
restarts:

926431- Error message when you start IE7 or try to access a website:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926431

936215- How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215/en-us

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"TWHems" <TWHems@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I just purchased a new Dell 530 Inspirion.
> Equipped with Vista Home Premium SP1 and IE7
> Intel Duo Core processor 3mb and 3gb of RAM
>
> Main problems are as follows:
> Having kids they like Webkinz.com, when clicking on the log in the

secondary
> windows pops up but nothing afterward (screen is white and no activity)
>
> Other sites such as our bank the site just crashes IE7
>
> Tried to manage add ons as a possible solution to no avail
> Also tried to turn off popup blockers on McAfee Security center and

Internet
> options...Once again to no avail.....
>
> Totally surprised that a just purchased computer from Dell is struggling

> surf and navigate the web.
>
> Frustrated in UpstateNY
>
> Any advise or solutions would be totally appreciated!!
>

> TWHems

Re: New Computer HELP!!!!!
Before You Connect a New Computer to the Internet
(needs to be updated for Vista but still worthwhile reading)
http://www.cert.org/tech_tips/before_you_plug_in.html

Did you take care of everything on the above page BEFORE otherwise
connecting the machine to the internet (e.g., to browse, check email, chat,
download games)?

Also good reading for you:

Keeping your kids [and your computer] safe online
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=30095

If I were you, I'd call Dell Support and get instructions on how to use the
Recovery feature to return the machine to OOBE state.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/