IE 7

Joe

IE 7
Running WinXP w/ SP3.
Recently installed SP3 and IE7. When I start IE7,
http://runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx webpage appears in lieu of my Google
default homepage. When I make selections and save settings, response is
"Settings were not able to be saved successfully."
Ok, how do I get rid of the runonce webpage?
Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: IE 7
Joe wrote:

> Running WinXP w/ SP3.
> Recently installed SP3 and IE7. When I start IE7,
> http://runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx webpage appears in lieu of my Google
> default homepage. When I make selections and save settings, response is
> "Settings were not able to be saved successfully."
> Ok, how do I get rid of the runonce webpage?

See (Ignore the title):
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945385
"A blank Web page is displayed when you start Internet Explorer 7".
Also see:
"Problem: IE always goes to http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx instead of
your homepage": http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

Joe

Re: IE 7
Vincenzo, thanks. I never would have connected the blank page problem &
solution with the problem I encountered. The solution works exactly as
advertised. Please consider these thanks as your reward for volunteering your
expertise.
Joe

"Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" wrote:

> Joe wrote:
>
> > Running WinXP w/ SP3.
> > Recently installed SP3 and IE7. When I start IE7,
> > http://runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx webpage appears in lieu of my Google
> > default homepage. When I make selections and save settings, response is
> > "Settings were not able to be saved successfully."
> > Ok, how do I get rid of the runonce webpage?

> See (Ignore the title):
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945385
> "A blank Web page is displayed when you start Internet Explorer 7".
> Also see:
> "Problem: IE always goes to http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx instead of
> your homepage": http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp
>
> --
> Vincenzo Di Russo
> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
> My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
> My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/

Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: IE 7
Joe wrote:

> Vincenzo, thanks. I never would have connected the blank page problem &
> solution with the problem I encountered. The solution works exactly as
> advertised. Please consider these thanks as your reward for volunteering
> your expertise.
> Joe

YW. Glad to help and thank you for your feedback, Joe.

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

> "Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Joe wrote:
>>
>>> Running WinXP w/ SP3.
>>> Recently installed SP3 and IE7. When I start IE7,
>>> http://runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx webpage appears in lieu of my
>>> Google default homepage. When I make selections and save settings,
>>> response is "Settings were not able to be saved successfully."
>>> Ok, how do I get rid of the runonce webpage?

>> See (Ignore the title):
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945385
>> "A blank Web page is displayed when you start Internet Explorer 7".
>> Also see:
>> "Problem: IE always goes to http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx instead
>> of your homepage": http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp
>>
>> --
>> Vincenzo Di Russo
>> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
>> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
>> My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
>> My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/

Sorb

Re: IE 7
And thanks to Vincenzo from me, too.
I tried IE8 but it had strange side effects, like stretching my
wallpaper out of control, and also making the text displayed in my
Outlook 2003 very small. I reverted back to IE7 and all was well,
except for the Runonce problem.
Cheers...Sorb
Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]

Re: IE 7
Sorb wrote:

> And thanks to Vincenzo from me, too.
> I tried IE8 but it had strange side effects, like stretching my
> wallpaper out of control, and also making the text displayed in my
> Outlook 2003 very small. I reverted back to IE7 and all was well,
> except for the Runonce problem.
> Cheers...Sorb

YW. Thank you for your feedback, Sorb.

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

dpbirdman

Re: IE 7
Wow, this worked! Thanks. No pain no gain right?

dpbirdman wrote:

> Wow, this worked! Thanks. No pain no gain right?

YW.

--
Vincenzo Di Russo

> "Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Joe wrote:
>>
>>> Running WinXP w/ SP3.
>>> Recently installed SP3 and IE7. When I start IE7,
>>> http://runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx webpage appears in lieu of my
>>> Google default homepage. When I make selections and save settings,
>>> response is "Settings were not able to be saved successfully."
>>> Ok, how do I get rid of the runonce webpage?

>> See (Ignore the title):
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945385
>> "A blank Web page is displayed when you start Internet Explorer 7".
>> Also see:
>> "Problem: IE always goes to http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx instead
>> of your homepage": http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp
>>
>> --
>> Vincenzo Di Russo
>> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
>> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
>> My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
>> My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/

Sorin Leucuta

Re: IE 7
Joe, your link had the .reg info i was looking for. it did correct the
problem for me too. thank you very much.

Sorin L.
www.chooseisp.net

"Vincenzo Di Russo [MVP]" wrote:

> Joe wrote:
>
> > Running WinXP w/ SP3.
> > Recently installed SP3 and IE7. When I start IE7,
> > http://runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx webpage appears in lieu of my Google
> > default homepage. When I make selections and save settings, response is
> > "Settings were not able to be saved successfully."
> > Ok, how do I get rid of the runonce webpage?

> See (Ignore the title):
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945385
> "A blank Web page is displayed when you start Internet Explorer 7".
> Also see:
> "Problem: IE always goes to http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx instead of
> your homepage": http://www.enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp
>
> --
> Vincenzo Di Russo
> Microsoft® MVP - Most Valuable Professional since 2003
> Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security
> My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
> My Blog: http://blogs.dotnethell.it/vincent/

Nlajka

Re: IE 7