Incompatibility with Norton 360 v2

drummer47

Incompatibility with Norton 360 v2
Every time I open IE, I get a message from Norton which say I have to fix
Windows firewall. I fix it and it runs fine, but as I say, I get a fix it
mesage each time I open IE.

Re: Incompatibility with Norton 360 v2
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) and your
IE version when posting to this newsgroup, please.

Did you upgrade to Norton 360 from an earlier Norton application/version?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

drummer47 wrote:
> Every time I open IE, I get a message from Norton which say I have to fix
> Windows firewall. I fix it and it runs fine, but as I say, I get a fix it
> mesage each time I open IE.

drummer47

Re: Incompatibility with Norton 360 v2
Vista SP1, IE8 Beta

No I didn't upgrade from a previous version it was a clean install. It was
already on the PC when I downloaded IE8 Beta.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) and your
> IE version when posting to this newsgroup, please.
>
> Did you upgrade to Norton 360 from an earlier Norton application/version?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> drummer47 wrote:
> > Every time I open IE, I get a message from Norton which say I have to fix
> > Windows firewall. I fix it and it runs fine, but as I say, I get a fix it
> > mesage each time I open IE.

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"drummer47" <drummer47@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Vista SP1, IE8 Beta
>
> No I didn't upgrade from a previous version it was a clean install. It
> was
> already on the PC when I downloaded IE8 Beta.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) and
>> your
>> IE version when posting to this newsgroup, please.
>>
>> Did you upgrade to Norton 360 from an earlier Norton application/version?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>

>> drummer47 wrote:
>> > Every time I open IE, I get a message from Norton which say I have to
>> > fix
>> > Windows firewall. I fix it and it runs fine, but as I say, I get a fix
>> > it
>> > mesage each time I open IE.

I doubt if any version of Norton or McAfee will work well with IE8 until it
is released.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Re: Incompatibility with Norton 360 v2
IE Beta Public Newsgroup Support: microsoft.public.internetexplorer.beta

Via the web-interface:

Via your newsreader:

[Yes, I understand that the IE8 Beta link you used probably brought you to
IE General newsgroup. That needs to be fixed.]

Don't expect any Norton application to function properly with any beta
software. (I don't think they function properly in any Windows or IE
version.)
--
~PA Bear