computer seized

Terri in Florida

computer seized
I attempted to download IE7 about a year ago, and it locked up my computer to
the point I had to call the Geek Squad to come out and fix my computer. Now I
am afraid it will do the same thing if I try to download it again.

Do you understand why it would do this?
--
Terri Stephens

Re: computer seized
Your computer had a hijackware infection that corrupted your install of
Windows?

Terri in Florida wrote:
> I attempted to download IE7 about a year ago, and it locked up my computer
> to the point I had to call the Geek Squad to come out and fix my computer.
> Now I am afraid it will do the same thing if I try to download it again.
>
> Do you understand why it would do this?

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: computer seized
"Terri in Florida" <TerriinFlorida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:B06786E9-FFD2-4131-B4B0-A377BF9D302A@microsoft.com...
>I attempted to download IE7 about a year ago, and it locked up my computer
> the point I had to call the Geek Squad to come out and fix my computer.
> Now I
> am afraid it will do the same thing if I try to download it again.
>
> Do you understand why it would do this?
> --
> Terri Stephens

Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these
Web pages.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince
you that you owe it to the author. See also:
of.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email