IE7 History Date/Time Wrong

ysidro

IE7 History Date/Time Wrong
XP SP3
IE 7.0.5730.13
w/McAfee & Norton running

Go to: View/Explorer Bar/History

Pages Visited are all there. "Last Visited" returns current date/time,
instead of the actual last visited date/time.

Any ideas?
williamtell

RE: IE7 History Date/Time Wrong
Click the drop down arrow on the History Radio button, check the setting of
your choosing.
--
WT

"ysidro" wrote:

> XP SP3
> IE 7.0.5730.13
> w/McAfee & Norton running
>
> Go to: View/Explorer Bar/History
>
> Pages Visited are all there. "Last Visited" returns current date/time,
> instead of the actual last visited date/time.
>
> Any ideas?

ysidro

RE: IE7 History Date/Time Wrong
That's no help. It doesn't matter what I select in the drop down box. It
still returns current date/time, NOT last visited date/time. Want to try
again, sir?

"williamtell" wrote:

> Click the drop down arrow on the History Radio button, check the setting of
> your choosing.
> --
> WT
>

> "ysidro" wrote:
>
> > XP SP3
> > IE 7.0.5730.13
> > w/McAfee & Norton running
> >
> > Go to: View/Explorer Bar/History
> >
> > Pages Visited are all there. "Last Visited" returns current date/time,
> > instead of the actual last visited date/time.
> >
> > Any ideas?

williamtell

RE: IE7 History Date/Time Wrong
NO i have tried enough for you, take it to the geek squad!
--
WT

"ysidro" wrote:

> That's no help. It doesn't matter what I select in the drop down box. It
> still returns current date/time, NOT last visited date/time. Want to try
> again, sir?
>
> "williamtell" wrote:
>
> > Click the drop down arrow on the History Radio button, check the setting of
> > your choosing.
> > --
> > WT
> >

> > "ysidro" wrote:
> >
> > > XP SP3
> > > IE 7.0.5730.13
> > > w/McAfee & Norton running
> > >
> > > Go to: View/Explorer Bar/History
> > >
> > > Pages Visited are all there. "Last Visited" returns current date/time,
> > > instead of the actual last visited date/time.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?

Re: IE7 History Date/Time Wrong
Which was installed first, IE7 or WinXP SP3?

Was your Norton application running in the background when you installed IE7
and/or WinXP SP3? Is your Norton subscription current?

IE Tools | Internet Options | General | Browsing history | Settings | What
are your settings for...

• Check for newer versions of stored pages?

• Days to keep pages in history?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

ysidro wrote:
> That's no help. It doesn't matter what I select in the drop down box. It
> still returns current date/time, NOT last visited date/time. Want to try
> again, sir?
>
>> Click the drop down arrow on the History Radio button, check the setting
>> of
>> your choosing.
>>
>> "ysidro" wrote:
>>> XP SP3
>>> IE 7.0.5730.13
>>> w/McAfee & Norton running
>>>
>>> Go to: View/Explorer Bar/History
>>>
>>> Pages Visited are all there. "Last Visited" returns current date/time,
>>> instead of the actual last visited date/time.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?

Jo-Anne

Re: IE7 History Date/Time Wrong
ysidro is right. Go a bit farther than View ! Explorer Bar ! History !

Expand an entry to show its individual webpages and click on Properties for
any of them. The Last Visited time is always the current date and time--as
though just checking the Properties is a "visit" to the page.

I'm using Windows XP SP3, IE 7.

Jo-Anne

"ysidro" <ysidro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news9B400D4-C8B9-44D4-9092-355C6B8323C0@microsoft.com...
> That's no help. It doesn't matter what I select in the drop down box. It
> still returns current date/time, NOT last visited date/time. Want to try
> again, sir?
>
> "williamtell" wrote:
>
>> Click the drop down arrow on the History Radio button, check the setting
>> of
>> your choosing.
>> --
>> WT
>>

>> "ysidro" wrote:
>>
>> > XP SP3
>> > IE 7.0.5730.13
>> > w/McAfee & Norton running
>> >
>> > Go to: View/Explorer Bar/History
>> >
>> > Pages Visited are all there. "Last Visited" returns current date/time,
>> > instead of the actual last visited date/time.
>> >
>> > Any ideas?

ysidro

Re: IE7 History Date/Time Wrong
Here's the info:

I think IE7 first, then SP3
Norton runs in background. Subscription current.
Settings: "automatically" first, then changed to "never" then back to
"automatically". Never did select ":check for newer versions of web page."
Days = 10 currently; before I had defaulted to 20.

See what you can suggest to try. No one else on web searches has answer,
except a "flaw" in IE7.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Which was installed first, IE7 or WinXP SP3?
>
> Was your Norton application running in the background when you installed IE7
> and/or WinXP SP3? Is your Norton subscription current?
>
> IE Tools | Internet Options | General | Browsing history | Settings | What
> are your settings for...
>
> • Check for newer versions of stored pages?
>
> • Days to keep pages in history?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> ysidro wrote:
> > That's no help. It doesn't matter what I select in the drop down box. It
> > still returns current date/time, NOT last visited date/time. Want to try
> > again, sir?
> >
> >> Click the drop down arrow on the History Radio button, check the setting
> >> of
> >> your choosing.

Peter Foldes

Re: IE7 History Date/Time Wrong
> XP SP3
> IE 7.0.5730.13
> w/McAfee & Norton running

McAfee & Norton running ????

Might want to take a hard look at that. Both are not very compatible with your OS and on top of that you are probably asking for more trouble with those 2 running together
--
Peter

"ysidro" <ysidro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2612DBBD-B3FE-4099-BD1B-967E6631FF49@microsoft.com...
> XP SP3
> IE 7.0.5730.13
> w/McAfee & Norton running
>
> Go to: View/Explorer Bar/History
>
> Pages Visited are all there. "Last Visited" returns current date/time,
> instead of the actual last visited date/time.
>
> Any ideas?

Re: IE7 History Date/Time Wrong
If that's what he's talking about, what's displayed shows either (1) the
time/date the website was last visited OR (2) the time/date you last
(right-)clicked on the listing (e.g., to check its Properties).

And I can assure you that the Times Visited number does not necessarily
reflect the number of times a user has opened the page.

In short, the Properties of a History listing is not necessarily a reliable
way to determine when the page was last visited or how many times it was
visited.
--
~PA Bear

Jo-Anne wrote:
> ysidro is right. Go a bit farther than View ! Explorer Bar ! History !
>
> Expand an entry to show its individual webpages and click on Properties
> for
> any of them. The Last Visited time is always the current date and time--as
> though just checking the Properties is a "visit" to the page.
>
> I'm using Windows XP SP3, IE 7.
>
> Jo-Anne
>
> "ysidro" <ysidro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news9B400D4-C8B9-44D4-9092-355C6B8323C0@microsoft.com...
>> That's no help. It doesn't matter what I select in the drop down box. It
>> still returns current date/time, NOT last visited date/time. Want to try
>> again, sir?
>>
>> "williamtell" wrote:
>>
>>> Click the drop down arrow on the History Radio button, check the setting
>>> of
>>> your choosing.
>>> --
>>> WT