IE7 will not run

morel_maniac

IE7 will not run
I have been using IE7 for many months now with no problems. I have been and
am currently running "CA Security Center". The operating system on my
computer is Windows XP Media Center and I am on SP3.

I keep both my Operating System and my security center up-to-date.

Three days ago, CA failed to catch two trojans: "xp antivirus 2008" and
"posertm"

CA was unable to remove either one.

I followed several forum discussions and was finally able to get both of
them off my computer. (Or so I hope.)

My computer seems to be running fine now except for one major problem: IE7
no longer works. (Yes, I have Firefox, but I also would like IE to work as
well.)

I have tried upgrading to IE8 beta but that didn't help. So I uninstalled
IE8 and re-installed IE7 but IE7 still refuses to work. When I double click
on IE7 or run it from the cmd prompt, the hour glass runs for a short bit and
then nothing happens. I have tried entering the following:
regsvr32.exe "c:\program files\internet explorer\ieproxy.dll"
at the Run prompt, but that failed to help.

I had my CA antivirus, CA anti-spyware, and CA firewall disabled while
installing IE7 -- so that apparently wasn't the problem either.

PLEASE HELP.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Michelle (i.e morel_maniac)

Re: IE7 will not run
You have more work to do to rid the system of all hijackware.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm