When I Add A TOOLBAR it disappears EVERY TIME I start a New Sessio

Bob P.

When I Add A TOOLBAR it disappears EVERY TIME I start a New Sessio
Hi All. I am a newbie. I right click on the toolbar empty field, I select the
new toolbar from a list on popdown and I check, it appears, I say lock
toolbars and I exit and toolbar is there. Then I end session and start a new
browser session and the new toolbar is gone. What am I doing wrong? Is it my
security? Any help is greatly appreciated.
--
Thank you all for the great support.
Bob

Re: When I Add A TOOLBAR it disappears EVERY TIME I start a New Sessio
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
posting to this newsgroup, please. Thanks.

One or more options/settings in an ever-growing number of third-party
applications may be disallowing the change(s) from "sticking". These include
but are not limited to Ad-aware's Ad-Watch, Spybot Tea Timer,
SpywareBlaster, SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor, CounterSpy, AVG Anti-Spyware,
Norton AntiVirus, McAfee VirusScan and/or Antispyware, NOD32, and Zone Alarm
(Free, Pro, & Security Suite).
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Bob P. wrote:
> Hi All. I am a newbie. I right click on the toolbar empty field, I select
> the new toolbar from a list on popdown and I check, it appears, I say lock
> toolbars and I exit and toolbar is there. Then I end session and start a
> new
> browser session and the new toolbar is gone. What am I doing wrong? Is it
> my
> security? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bob P.

Re: When I Add A TOOLBAR it disappears EVERY TIME I start a New Se
Hi All. I have Ad-Ware installed and SPYBOT. Can someone tell me what I need
to turn off or on?
--

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> posting to this newsgroup, please. Thanks.
>
> One or more options/settings in an ever-growing number of third-party
> applications may be disallowing the change(s) from "sticking". These include
> but are not limited to Ad-aware's Ad-Watch, Spybot Tea Timer,
> SpywareBlaster, SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor, CounterSpy, AVG Anti-Spyware,
> Norton AntiVirus, McAfee VirusScan and/or Antispyware, NOD32, and Zone Alarm
> (Free, Pro, & Security Suite).
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Bob P. wrote:
> > Hi All. I am a newbie. I right click on the toolbar empty field, I select
> > the new toolbar from a list on popdown and I check, it appears, I say lock
> > toolbars and I exit and toolbar is there. Then I end session and start a
> > new
> > browser session and the new toolbar is gone. What am I doing wrong? Is it
> > my
> > security? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bob P.

Re: When I Add A TOOLBAR it disappears EVERY TIME I start a New Se
Hi. I added the toolbar no problem to my FIREFOX Session with everything
running. Does this mean anything? Thanks.
--

"Bob P." wrote:

> Hi All. I have Ad-Ware installed and SPYBOT. Can someone tell me what I need
> to turn off or on?
> --
> Thank you all for the great support.
> Bob
> Wethersfield, Ct.
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> > posting to this newsgroup, please. Thanks.
> >
> > One or more options/settings in an ever-growing number of third-party
> > applications may be disallowing the change(s) from "sticking". These include
> > but are not limited to Ad-aware's Ad-Watch, Spybot Tea Timer,
> > SpywareBlaster, SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor, CounterSpy, AVG Anti-Spyware,
> > Norton AntiVirus, McAfee VirusScan and/or Antispyware, NOD32, and Zone Alarm
> > (Free, Pro, & Security Suite).
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
> >
> > Bob P. wrote:
> > > Hi All. I am a newbie. I right click on the toolbar empty field, I select
> > > the new toolbar from a list on popdown and I check, it appears, I say lock
> > > toolbars and I exit and toolbar is there. Then I end session and start a
> > > new
> > > browser session and the new toolbar is gone. What am I doing wrong? Is it
> > > my
> > > security? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: When I Add A TOOLBAR it disappears EVERY TIME I start a New Se
We can't do squat until you state your full Windows version, Bob.

Also state your IE version.

Ad-Aware and Spybot each have their own support forums. That being said,
try disabling Spybot Tea Timer: http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=32409

NB: If you don't fully understand what Tea Timer does and how it does it,
leave it permanently disabled.
--
~PA Bear

Bob P. wrote:
> Hi All. I have Ad-Ware installed and SPYBOT. Can someone tell me what I
> need
> to turn off or on?
>
>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
>> posting to this newsgroup, please. Thanks.
>>
>> One or more options/settings in an ever-growing number of third-party
>> applications may be disallowing the change(s) from "sticking". These
>> include but are not limited to Ad-aware's Ad-Watch, Spybot Tea Timer,
>> SpywareBlaster, SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor, CounterSpy, AVG Anti-Spyware,
>> Norton AntiVirus, McAfee VirusScan and/or Antispyware, NOD32, and Zone
>> Alarm (Free, Pro, & Security Suite).
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Bob P. wrote:
>>> Hi All. I am a newbie. I right click on the toolbar empty field, I
>>> select
>>> the new toolbar from a list on popdown and I check, it appears, I say
>>> lock
>>> toolbars and I exit and toolbar is there. Then I end session and start a
>>> new
>>> browser session and the new toolbar is gone. What am I doing wrong? Is
>>> it
>>> my
>>> security? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bob P.

Re: When I Add A TOOLBAR it disappears EVERY TIME I start a New Se
Hi Pa Bear and Everyone. I am sorry. I am running VISTA with all Service
Packs, IE 7.0.60001, AdWare, Spy-Bot less Tea Timer, Yahoo Anti-Spy.
Nothing worked but thank you. What happens is no matter what I do the YAHOO
TOOLBAR comes back. I unselect it in TOOLS and select LEXMARK TOOLBAR . The
LEXMARK toolbar appears but if I do a refresh or start a new session the
YAHOO Toolbar is back. No idea if this fixable and it is certainly not any
sort of show stopper. Again thanks all.
--

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> We can't do squat until you state your full Windows version, Bob.
>
> Also state your IE version.
>
> Ad-Aware and Spybot each have their own support forums. That being said,
> try disabling Spybot Tea Timer: http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=32409
>
> NB: If you don't fully understand what Tea Timer does and how it does it,
> leave it permanently disabled.
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> Bob P. wrote:
> > Hi All. I have Ad-Ware installed and SPYBOT. Can someone tell me what I
> > need
> > to turn off or on?
> >
> >> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) when
> >> posting to this newsgroup, please. Thanks.
> >>
> >> One or more options/settings in an ever-growing number of third-party
> >> applications may be disallowing the change(s) from "sticking". These
> >> include but are not limited to Ad-aware's Ad-Watch, Spybot Tea Timer,
> >> SpywareBlaster, SpySweeper, Spyware Doctor, CounterSpy, AVG Anti-Spyware,
> >> Norton AntiVirus, McAfee VirusScan and/or Antispyware, NOD32, and Zone
> >> Alarm (Free, Pro, & Security Suite).
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Re: When I Add A TOOLBAR it disappears EVERY TIME I start a New Se
Are there any other third-party toolbars installed (e.g., Google; Windows
Live)? What other Yahoo applications are installed?

Did this behavior start after you'd install Vista SP1, by any chance?

Are you running Ad-Aware Pro and is Ad-Watch enabled?

You mention three anti-spyware applications. What anti-virus application is
installed? What third-party firewall, if any?
--
~PA Bear

Bob P. wrote:
> Hi Pa Bear and Everyone. I am sorry. I am running VISTA with all Service
> Packs, IE 7.0.60001, AdWare, Spy-Bot less Tea Timer, Yahoo Anti-Spy.
> Nothing worked but thank you. What happens is no matter what I do the
> YAHOO
> TOOLBAR comes back. I unselect it in TOOLS and select LEXMARK TOOLBAR .
> The
> LEXMARK toolbar appears but if I do a refresh or start a new session the
> YAHOO Toolbar is back. No idea if this fixable and it is certainly not
> any
> sort of show stopper. Again thanks all.
>
>> We can't do squat until you state your full Windows version, Bob.
>>
>> Also state your IE version.
>>
>> Ad-Aware and Spybot each have their own support forums. That being said,
>> try disabling Spybot Tea Timer: http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=32409
>>
>> NB: If you don't fully understand what Tea Timer does and how it does it,
>> leave it permanently disabled.
>> --
>> ~PA Bear
>>
>> Bob P. wrote:
>>> Hi All. I have Ad-Ware installed and SPYBOT. Can someone tell me what I
>>> need
>>> to turn off or on?

Gordon

"Bob P." <BobP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Pa Bear and Everyone. I am sorry. I am running VISTA with all Service
> Packs, IE 7.0.60001, AdWare, Spy-Bot less Tea Timer, Yahoo Anti-Spy.
> Nothing worked but thank you. What happens is no matter what I do the
> YAHOO
> TOOLBAR comes back. I unselect it in TOOLS and select LEXMARK TOOLBAR .
> The
> LEXMARK toolbar appears but if I do a refresh or start a new session the
> YAHOO Toolbar is back. No idea if this fixable and it is certainly not
> any
> sort of show stopper. Again thanks all.

If you don't want the Yahoo toolbar EVER, uninstall it. It should appear in
Control Panel-Programs and features....

Bob P.

Re: When I Add A TOOLBAR it disappears EVERY TIME I start a New Se
Hi. I kind of want the yahoo Toolbar and just want to add the LEXMARK toolbar
underneath it and keep it there between refreshes of the browser session.
--

"Gordon" wrote:

> "Bob P." <BobP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Pa Bear and Everyone. I am sorry. I am running VISTA with all Service
> > Packs, IE 7.0.60001, AdWare, Spy-Bot less Tea Timer, Yahoo Anti-Spy.
> > Nothing worked but thank you. What happens is no matter what I do the
> > YAHOO
> > TOOLBAR comes back. I unselect it in TOOLS and select LEXMARK TOOLBAR .
> > The
> > LEXMARK toolbar appears but if I do a refresh or start a new session the
> > YAHOO Toolbar is back. No idea if this fixable and it is certainly not
> > any
> > sort of show stopper. Again thanks all.

> If you don't want the Yahoo toolbar EVER, uninstall it. It should appear in
> Control Panel-Programs and features....

Re: When I Add A TOOLBAR it disappears EVERY TIME I start a New Se
I think you'll find that Yahoo Toolbar (like some others) has other ideas
about where it will always locate itself, Bob. WYSIWYG