js.revsci.net

Michael Lege

js.revsci.net
I am on a sat connection in the Bay of Campeche, but the speed is comparable to DSL. Sometimes the msg saying it is waiting on js.revsci.net prevents me from loading my weather imagery sites and sometimes they load just fine. I do not understand why it is intermittent. Also, attempting to load the Fox News page is like trying to download a 10 mega pixel picture on dial up. Once I get to the page, clicking on any given article is just as difficult. I am using IE7 and firefox. The one item they both have in common is the above msg. and have difficulty loading Fox News. It is the same with intellicast and The Weather Channel when they do not seem to be loading properly. Both browsers fail to load the page. Because of the differences between IE7 and Firefox, it implies to me that the problem is with Revenue Science, (Seattle, I believe). One other item of interest, my associate today was having absolutely no problem with the Fox News site this afternoon, even as I was attempting to navigate it in a timely fashion, albeit unsuccessfully, nor was the msg preventing me from loading the two weather sites. I guess I will have to start looking at common denominators between the browsers and the sites for an answer because I could find absolutely nothing in my security programs that might be causing a problem.
If you have found a fix, I sure would appreciate it if you would respond to this email at the above email address.
Sincerely,

Michael
rob^_^

Re: js.revsci.net
Hi Michael,

This is the public Newsgroup for IE8. We are volunteers and enthusiasts, not
MSFT.

That said what does a tracert from your location indicate. I am located in
Australia and sometimes sites in the US are routed by the Indian ocean,
sometimes via the Pacific. My ISP switches routes based on usage and
capacity planning. This may be your case.

Regards.

"Michael Lege" wrote in message
> I am on a sat connection in the Bay of Campeche, but the speed is
> comparable to DSL. Sometimes the msg saying it is waiting on js.revsci.net
> prevents me from loading my weather imagery sites and sometimes they load
> just fine. I do not understand why it is intermittent. Also, attempting to
> load the Fox News page is like trying to download a 10 mega pixel picture
> on dial up. Once I get to the page, clicking on any given article is just
> as difficult. I am using IE7 and firefox. The one item they both have in
> common is the above msg. and have difficulty loading Fox News. It is the
> same with intellicast and The Weather Channel when they do not seem to be
> differences between IE7 and Firefox, it implies to me that the problem is
> with Revenue Science, (Seattle, I believe). One other item of interest, my
> associate today was having absolutely no problem with the Fox News site
> this afternoon, even as I was attempting to navigate it in a timely
> fashion, albeit unsuccessfully, nor was the msg preventing me from loading
> the two weather sites. I guess I will have to start looking at common
> denominators between the browsers and the sites for an answer because I
> could find absolutely nothing in my security programs that might be
> causing a problem.
> If you have found a fix, I sure would appreciate it if you would respond
> to this email at the above email address.
> Sincerely,
>
> Michael

rob^_^

Re: js.revsci.net
Woops, Sorry I see you have the right NG. My appologies.