Parts of webpages not showing up in IE, videos not loading

MrsBivens08

Parts of webpages not showing up in IE, videos not loading
I'm having some problems -- on certain websites, such as AOL.com and my local
news WHNT.com, the 'ads' and video and certain flash won't load. On CNN.com
none of the videos will load, nor will any of the font or anything show up no
the Video page, Now, on WHNT.com some of the flash will load, such as a
voting poll, but our "videos of the day" and other things won't load. As on
AOL.com, if I click on a story and it takes me to that page and, say, it's a
story and picture of a music artist, the picture won't load. There is no
little red "x" anywhere on the sites where things are missing -- it's just
completely blank, like there is nothing there. Also, there are little gray
banners on some sites that say "advertisement" but no ad - as if its blocked.
I have checked everything I can think of - active X controls are enabled,
firewall is off, cookies are allowed, pop ups are allowed, etc....I am out of
ideas and even my website manager at work couldn't figure out why it would
load some things and not others. help! this is driving me nuts!!

thanks

Re: Parts of webpages not showing up in IE, videos not loading
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) whenever
you post to an IE newsgroup, please. Thank you.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

MrsBivens08 wrote:
> I'm having some problems -- on certain websites, such as AOL.com and my
> local news WHNT.com, the 'ads' and video and certain flash won't load. On
> CNN.com none of the videos will load, nor will any of the font or anything
> show up no the Video page, Now, on WHNT.com some of the flash will load,
> such as a voting poll, but our "videos of the day" and other things won't
> load. As on AOL.com, if I click on a story and it takes me to that page
> and, say, it's a story and picture of a music artist, the picture won't
> load. There is no little red "x" anywhere on the sites where things are
> missing -- it's just completely blank, like there is nothing there. Also,
> there are little gray banners on some sites that say "advertisement" but
> no
> ad - as if its blocked. I have checked everything I can think of - active
> controls are enabled, firewall is off, cookies are allowed, pop ups are
> allowed, etc....I am out of ideas and even my website manager at work
> couldn't figure out why it would load some things and not others. help!
> this is driving me nuts!!

MrsBivens08

Re: Parts of webpages not showing up in IE, videos not loading
Sorry, never done this before. Micro Win XP Pro 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build
2600

Is that all/right??

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1) whenever
> you post to an IE newsgroup, please. Thank you.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> MrsBivens08 wrote:
> > I'm having some problems -- on certain websites, such as AOL.com and my
> > local news WHNT.com, the 'ads' and video and certain flash won't load. On
> > CNN.com none of the videos will load, nor will any of the font or anything
> > show up no the Video page, Now, on WHNT.com some of the flash will load,
> > such as a voting poll, but our "videos of the day" and other things won't
> > load. As on AOL.com, if I click on a story and it takes me to that page
> > and, say, it's a story and picture of a music artist, the picture won't
> > load. There is no little red "x" anywhere on the sites where things are
> > missing -- it's just completely blank, like there is nothing there. Also,
> > there are little gray banners on some sites that say "advertisement" but
> > no
> > ad - as if its blocked. I have checked everything I can think of - active
> > controls are enabled, firewall is off, cookies are allowed, pop ups are
> > allowed, etc....I am out of ideas and even my website manager at work
> > couldn't figure out why it would load some things and not others. help!
> > this is driving me nuts!!

Robert Aldwinckle

"MrsBivens08" <MrsBivens08@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having some problems -- on certain websites, such as AOL.com and my local
> news WHNT.com, the 'ads' and video and certain flash won't load. On CNN.com
> none of the videos will load, nor will any of the font or anything show up no
> the Video page, Now, on WHNT.com some of the flash will load, such as a
> voting poll, but our "videos of the day" and other things won't load. As on
> AOL.com, if I click on a story and it takes me to that page and, say, it's a
> story and picture of a music artist, the picture won't load. There is no
> little red "x" anywhere on the sites where things are missing

> -- it's just completely blank, like there is nothing there. Also, there are little gray
> banners on some sites that say "advertisement" but no ad - as if its blocked.

Could it be blocked? Some ad blockers actually change the HTML
which could account for both symptoms, e.g. both blank and replacement
of a site's images with its own generic ones.