Internet Explorer has encountered a problem...

Jon

Internet Explorer has encountered a problem...
I have been getting
Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
for the inconvenience.

about every 5 minutes of browsing. Sometimes I'm not even actively surfing
but sitting on a page for 5 minutes. Nothing on my system has changed. I
have reinstalled IE 7 as well as service pack 3. Any ideas or must I
continue to use Safari because Microsoft is getting complacent.

Re: Internet Explorer has encountered a problem...
Why do you blame MS for your unsafe browsing habits and computer practices?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30,
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html, or other appropriate forums for review

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Jon wrote:
> I have been getting
> Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
> sorry
> for the inconvenience.
>
> about every 5 minutes of browsing. Sometimes I'm not even actively surfing
> but sitting on a page for 5 minutes. Nothing on my system has changed. I
> have reinstalled IE 7 as well as service pack 3. Any ideas or must I
> continue to use Safari because Microsoft is getting complacent.

D.

Re: Internet Explorer has encountered a problem...
hi ,
i get the exact same message
using " firefox " . it shows up
several times a day .
until now , i assumed my problem
was with " firefox " but now ??? .
D.

"Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsEB9A411-1D1F-4BFF-86FA-E7DE3A2E8830@microsoft.com...
>I have been getting
> Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
> sorry
> for the inconvenience.
>
> about every 5 minutes of browsing. Sometimes I'm not even actively surfing
> but sitting on a page for 5 minutes. Nothing on my system has changed. I
> have reinstalled IE 7 as well as service pack 3. Any ideas or must I
> continue to use Safari because Microsoft is getting complacent.

lr1937

"Jon" wrote:

> I have been getting
> Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
> for the inconvenience.
>
> about every 5 minutes of browsing. Sometimes I'm not even actively surfing
> but sitting on a page for 5 minutes. Nothing on my system has changed. I
> have reinstalled IE 7 as well as service pack 3. Any ideas or must I
> continue to use Safari because Microsoft is getting complacent.

lr1937

RE: Internet Explorer has encountered a problem...
I have the same problem and when IE7 starts up MSN sign in page come up. Is
it possible that Microsoft is attempting to get you to use msn in place of
yahoo or whatever else you are using for your home page.

"Jon" wrote:

> I have been getting
> Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
> for the inconvenience.
>
> about every 5 minutes of browsing. Sometimes I'm not even actively surfing
> but sitting on a page for 5 minutes. Nothing on my system has changed. I
> have reinstalled IE 7 as well as service pack 3. Any ideas or must I
> continue to use Safari because Microsoft is getting complacent.

Re: Internet Explorer has encountered a problem...
Doubtful: What's your home page?

lr1937 wrote:
> I have the same problem and when IE7 starts up MSN sign in page come up.
> Is
> it possible that Microsoft is attempting to get you to use msn in place of
> yahoo or whatever else you are using for your home page.
>
> "Jon" wrote:
>
>> I have been getting
>> Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
>> sorry for the inconvenience.
>>
>> about every 5 minutes of browsing. Sometimes I'm not even actively
>> surfing
>> but sitting on a page for 5 minutes. Nothing on my system has changed. I
>> have reinstalled IE 7 as well as service pack 3. Any ideas or must I
>> continue to use Safari because Microsoft is getting complacent.

Jon

Re: Internet Explorer has encountered a problem...
I only blame MS because it happens on CNN.com, MSN.com, yahoo.com, match.com,
microsoft.com and DOESN'T happen on the same pages with safari. I am not a
fan of safari. I like IE and had to convince a large corporation to switch
from Netscape to IE several years ago.

I'll give your suggestions a try but it seems like a MS problem to me.