IE7 displays blank white page.. Plz Help

ZebraCrossing

IE7 displays blank white page.. Plz Help
My IE 7 is not displaying the webpage at all.
When it is fired up for the first time, the whole display frame is white.
When i say "New Tab" again the display page is white.
However, when I resize the IE window, and open a new tab and type in say
"www.microsoft.com".. it opens fine.
Again if I maximize the same window.. the whole display becomes white.

Some additional phenomenon -
1> Post problem, Tried Uninstalling IE7. Hanged midway. In "Add Remove
Programs", I lost the "Change/Remove" button appearing under "Internet
Explorer 7". Did some registry Tweak to get back the button, but still the
thing wont uninstall properly.
2> IE7 Fresh copy wont install or repair. Will hang midway.
3> IE6 cannot be installed since it says "Higher Version (IE7) is installed".
4> Downloaded and Installed IE8 Beta. Even that gave me the same display
error as IE7.
Uninstalled the same. Now, Left with a bad copy of IE7. Cleaned some
registry, this time IE7 installed properly. But still the white display page
problem wont go.

OS : Windows XP SP2
IE Version : 7.0.5730.11

Let me know if Dependency Walker Log would be helpful for you.

Re: IE7 displays blank white page.. Plz Help
1. Does this behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode? To start
IE7 in No Add-ons mode:

Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without Add-ons; or

Start > (All) Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No
add-ons).

2. Does the problem persist if you Reset IE7 Settings (RIES)?

3. If you uninstall (a) IE7 *exactly* per the link below (which
automatically returns you to IE6), (b) all toolbars and (c) all third-party
Windows Themes (including Window Blinds) and do NOT reinstall IE7, does this
behavior persist?

If it does, do NOT reinstall IE7!

Uninstalling IE7
http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html
[Only use the Command %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe if you cannot
uninstall via Add/Remove Programs!]

IE7 (Un)Installation and Anti-Malware Applications:

4. Required reading IMHO before reinstalling IE7:

Sandi's Installation Tips <= Steps #1-8, #10 & #11; take note of #12, then
STOP

I strongly recommend using
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow.../getitnow.mspx as the

Direct Download link:

Tip: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it.

5. Make *certain* that you check in at Windows Update immediately after
reinstalling IE7 to install any critical updates offered. If Optional
Updates category offers Root Certificates update, I recommend installing it
to take full advantage of IE7's additional security.

====================

IMPORTANT! => IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3

ZebraCrossing wrote:
> My IE 7 is not displaying the webpage at all.
> When it is fired up for the first time, the whole display frame is white.
> When i say "New Tab" again the display page is white.
> However, when I resize the IE window, and open a new tab and type in say
> "www.microsoft.com".. it opens fine.
> Again if I maximize the same window.. the whole display becomes white.
>
> Some additional phenomenon -
> 1> Post problem, Tried Uninstalling IE7. Hanged midway. In "Add Remove
> Programs", I lost the "Change/Remove" button appearing under "Internet
> Explorer 7". Did some registry Tweak to get back the button, but still the
> thing wont uninstall properly.
> 2> IE7 Fresh copy wont install or repair. Will hang midway.
> 3> IE6 cannot be installed since it says "Higher Version (IE7) is
> installed". 4> Downloaded and Installed IE8 Beta. Even that gave me the
> same display error as IE7.
> Uninstalled the same. Now, Left with a bad copy of IE7. Cleaned some
> registry, this time IE7 installed properly. But still the white display
> page
> problem wont go.
>
> OS : Windows XP SP2
> IE Version : 7.0.5730.11
>
> Let me know if Dependency Walker Log would be helpful for you.

Lillian in Mass.

Re: IE7 displays blank white page.. Plz Help
CAN ONE UN-INSTALL IE7 FROM VISTA HOME PREMIUM 32 ?

Lillian (I've still gotten no where from my 8/16 posting.)

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Some additional phenomenon -
> > 1> Post problem, Tried Uninstalling IE7. Hanged midway. In "Add Remove
> > Programs", I lost the "Change/Remove" button appearing under "Internet
> > Explorer 7". Did some registry Tweak to get back the button, but still the
> > thing wont uninstall properly.
> > 2> IE7 Fresh copy wont install or repair. Will hang midway.
> > 3> IE6 cannot be installed since it says "Higher Version (IE7) is
> > installed". 4> Downloaded and Installed IE8 Beta. Even that gave me the
> > same display error as IE7.
> > Uninstalled the same. Now, Left with a bad copy of IE7. Cleaned some
> > registry, this time IE7 installed properly. But still the white display
> > page
> > problem wont go.
> >
> > OS : Windows XP SP2
> > IE Version : 7.0.5730.11
> >
> > Let me know if Dependency Walker Log would be helpful for you.

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: IE7 displays blank white page.. Plz Help
"Lillian in Mass." <LillianinMass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:0DD5C8A9-33F5-4A50-BC70-88B1376358D5@microsoft.com...
> CAN ONE UN-INSTALL IE7 FROM VISTA HOME PREMIUM 32 ?

No

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

george

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Some additional phenomenon -
> > 1> Post problem, Tried Uninstalling IE7. Hanged midway. In "Add Remove
> > Programs", I lost the "Change/Remove" button appearing under "Internet
> > Explorer 7". Did some registry Tweak to get back the button, but still the
> > thing wont uninstall properly.
> > 2> IE7 Fresh copy wont install or repair. Will hang midway.
> > 3> IE6 cannot be installed since it says "Higher Version (IE7) is
> > installed". 4> Downloaded and Installed IE8 Beta. Even that gave me the
> > same display error as IE7.
> > Uninstalled the same. Now, Left with a bad copy of IE7. Cleaned some
> > registry, this time IE7 installed properly. But still the white display
> > page
> > problem wont go.
> >
> > OS : Windows XP SP2
> > IE Version : 7.0.5730.11
> >
> > Let me know if Dependency Walker Log would be helpful for you.

Robert Aldwinckle

"george" <george@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> ZebraCrossing wrote:

>> > Let me know if Dependency Walker Log would be helpful for you.

Of what?

---