Cannot Type Text in Internet Explorer 7 Page Input Boxes

Brian B

Cannot Type Text in Internet Explorer 7 Page Input Boxes
Cannot Type Text in Internet Explorer 7 Page Input Boxes, unless I click in
the input boxes many times. I have seen this problem posted in many forums,
but not a solution. Has anyone been able to fix this problem and, if so how
was it fixed?

Thanks
rob^_^

Re: Cannot Type Text in Internet Explorer 7 Page Input Boxes
Hi Brian,

A search of this forum for 'cannot type' did not return any related results,
but yes from memory there have been some similar posts.

Does this occur on all web pages that you visit or is there particular
sites? What are these sites?

Is the page still downloading (there is still activity showing the page is
downloading on the status bar) when you attempt this. Make sure the page
has completed downloading. One would expect this on pages that are quite
large or contain images that are quite big.

Do you have Form Autocomplete enabled? Tools>Internet Options - Content tab,
Autocomplete button. What is your OS version and Service Pack level.

Does this occur in no-Addons mode? Start>Programs>Accessories>System
Tools>Internet Explorer - No Addons?

Regards.

"Brian B" <BrianB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Cannot Type Text in Internet Explorer 7 Page Input Boxes, unless I click
> in
> the input boxes many times. I have seen this problem posted in many
> forums,
> but not a solution. Has anyone been able to fix this problem and, if so
> how
> was it fixed?
>
> Thanks

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Cannot Type Text in Internet Explorer 7 Page Input Boxes
"Brian B" <BrianB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Cannot Type Text in Internet Explorer 7 Page Input Boxes, unless I click in
> the input boxes many times. I have seen this problem posted in many forums,
> but not a solution. Has anyone been able to fix this problem and, if so how
> was it fixed?

I have seen that symptom on particular pages but only on IE8b1.
There it seemed to be caused by incompatible CSS.

Post an example publicly accessible URL if you need help analysing one.

Otherwise see how your symptom changes by disabling CSS,
e.g. using the IE Developer Toolbar.

> Thanks

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Brian B

Re: Cannot Type Text in Internet Explorer 7 Page Input Boxes
Hi Rob

Right now this seems to only occur on the Goggle search page, however in the
past it occurred on all pages. Pages have fully downloaded, when this
happens. Form Auto-complete is not enabled?

I am running XP, service pack 3.

This also occurs in No-AddOns mode?

Thanks