Re: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 in WindowsVist

anjanadeven@gmail.com

Re: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 in WindowsVist
May be this forum can help me.

I had a perfectly running ActiveX DLL file on my Windows 2003 IE 7 ASP
application. The DLL is executed from Server.CreateObject command.
Just ater the Microsoft Security Patch push, I started getting
'Automation error Call was rejected by callee' error via browser.

The DLL executes and performs all the functions except the last
statements in the DLL which are myWorkbook.Close and
myPresentation.Close

My log file keeps track of each process and thats how I could see the
DLL is doing all it should except closing the invisible POWERPOINT and
EXCEL application that I opened to create the PPT and XLS files on the
fly. PPT and XLS files were also successfully saved (on the fly) in a
dynamic folder on the server.

One of the security patch file was KB950759, which is related to IE7
that modified the way that Internet Explorer handles calls to HTML
objects and validates data.

Does any one know how to workaround this fix. I tried to not to
execute the obj.Close in my DLL which worked for the first time and
then from 2nd time I got some 'Obj Variable and with block variable
not set' error due the the previous files that were still open
invisbly in the server.

EXPERTS PLEASE HELP
Robert Aldwinckle

<anjanadeven@gmail.com> wrote in message
> May be this forum can help me.

Try the MSDN forum for web developers.

> I had a perfectly running ActiveX DLL file on my Windows 2003 IE 7 ASP
> application. The DLL is executed from Server.CreateObject command.
> Just ater the Microsoft Security Patch push, I started getting
> 'Automation error Call was rejected by callee' error via browser.

> One of the security patch file was KB950759, which is related to IE7
> that modified the way that Internet Explorer handles calls to HTML
> objects and validates data.

BTW please don't try to piggyback such a loosely associated incident
on an old thread. You don't even refer to the same OS as is
mentioned in the Subject! And since it has been almost two months
since this thread was opened it may not even be the same update
causing your symptom, assuming an update is related to its cause.

---

Re: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 in Windows Vist

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB950759).

If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE, call the
above number and ask to be transferred to the Consumer IE7 queue (which is
47830).

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.net