Re: Can't reply in Lotus Notes

Bobcatt

Re: Can't reply in Lotus Notes
Unfortunately the problem is with IE7, not Domino Web access. On my XP
Machine I have no problem with IE7, but on my new Vista machine and the
newest IE7, I can neither download properly nor reply. Some of the other
people in my office experienced the same problem this past week when taking
an IE7 update.

Not any good information on the Lotus Domino Web access site either, any
help in getting rid of the Red X when replying would much appreciated
--
Power User

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "Nancy" <Nancy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We just purchased a new computer with Windows Vista Home Premium and can
> > access our remote Lotus Notes just like we did in XP. However, we are now
> > unable to respond, or forward to any email messages in Lotus Notes. We can
> > view and read but when we say respond, we can enter a name but the window
> > where you type in your message never allows you to enter anything, just the
> > windows circle churning on and on.
> >
> > Our helpdesk has no clue. I suspect it is either a plug in we are missing
> > or a permission we know nothing about. Our remote is a web based system, so
> > it could also have something to do with Internet Explorer 7. Any suggestions?

> I would try tracing both cases and compare the results.
> E.g. you could trace the HTTP exchanges with Fiddler
> and trace what IE does with it using ProcMon.
>
> Also, I suspect you are likely to find more people aware of the problem
> on a forum which specializes in Lotus Notes. E.g. there would you find
> people who would understand both products and more importantly have
> access to both products.
>
> Hmm... you're calling the product "Lotus Notes" but that appears to be
> an old name. Perhaps you need to switch to a newer version to achieve
> full compatibility with IE7? E.g. here is a description of an update to
> Lotus Domino Web Access, which seems to be the new name for the server:
>
> http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...=utf-8&lang=en
>
> (Lotus Notes Support: search for IE7)
>

> Good luck
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---

rob^_^

Re: Can't reply in Lotus Notes
Hi Bob,

The 'red X' is blocked ActiveX controls.

Domino Web access on a Vista machine - Add the web site to your trusted
zones (Tools>Internet Options - Security tab) which has default security
settings meeting the requirements of most secured sites. Ensure that you
also have Protected Mode turned on for the Trusted Zone.

Regards.