Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Browser issues.

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-10-2008
Patrick
 

Posts: n/a
Browser issues.
Hi,

I recently noticed my flash link on my web-site stopped working in IE7,
but not FF.

I was using swfobject so as visitors didn't need to click the flash link
twice.

I heard the case between eolas and MS has been resolved, (so no more
double-clicking with IE). So why then did the link stop completely?

I've replaced the code, so as not to use swfobject. IE7 now works fine
but Opera 9.51 doesn't. That now needs the link to be clicked twice!

Can anyone shed any light on how to get these browsers to work whereby
you only need to click once for flash links?

Regards,
Patrick.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2008
rob^_^
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Browser issues.
Hi Patrick,

And your web site is?

Regards.

"Patrick" <pc@exciting-income.com> wrote in message
news:OlA55hz#IHA.3344@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> I recently noticed my flash link on my web-site stopped working in IE7,
> but not FF.
>
> I was using swfobject so as visitors didn't need to click the flash link
> twice.
>
> I heard the case between eolas and MS has been resolved, (so no more
> double-clicking with IE). So why then did the link stop completely?
>
> I've replaced the code, so as not to use swfobject. IE7 now works fine but
> Opera 9.51 doesn't. That now needs the link to be clicked twice!
>
> Can anyone shed any light on how to get these browsers to work whereby you
> only need to click once for flash links?
>
> Regards,
> Patrick.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2008
Patrick
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Browser issues.
rob^_^ wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> And your web site is?
>
> Regards.
>
> "Patrick" <pc@exciting-income.com> wrote in message
> news:OlA55hz#IHA.3344@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I recently noticed my flash link on my web-site stopped working in
>> IE7, but not FF.
>>
>> I was using swfobject so as visitors didn't need to click the flash
>> link twice.
>>
>> I heard the case between eolas and MS has been resolved, (so no more
>> double-clicking with IE). So why then did the link stop completely?
>>
>> I've replaced the code, so as not to use swfobject. IE7 now works fine
>> but Opera 9.51 doesn't. That now needs the link to be clicked twice!
>>
>> Can anyone shed any light on how to get these browsers to work whereby
>> you only need to click once for flash links?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Patrick.

>

www.exciting-income.com
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2008
Donald Anadell
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Browser issues.

"Patrick" <pc@exciting-income.com> wrote in message
news:OlA55hz%23IHA.3344@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> I recently noticed my flash link on my web-site stopped working in IE7,
> but not FF.
>
> I was using swfobject so as visitors didn't need to click the flash link
> twice.
>
> I heard the case between eolas and MS has been resolved, (so no more
> double-clicking with IE). So why then did the link stop completely?
>
> I've replaced the code, so as not to use swfobject. IE7 now works fine but
> Opera 9.51 doesn't. That now needs the link to be clicked twice!


Microsoft acquired for the technology licenses that allowed them to remove
the "click to activate" behavior from Internet Explorer(IE removed
"click-to-activate" behavior in April 2008.)
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...ex-update.aspx

If Opera 9x has not yet acquired the necessary licenses that would allow
them to removed this behavior in their browser, then you might want to ask
your question regarding Opera' click to activate behavior in an Opera Forum
or a Web Development forum.

Opera 9 FAQ
http://my.opera.com/Tamil/blog/opera-faq

How to disable Click to activate and use this control in flash plugin?
http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/operaSt...licktoactivate

Good luck,

Donald Anadell


>
> Can anyone shed any light on how to get these browsers to work whereby you
> only need to click once for flash links?
>
> Regards,
> Patrick.



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2008
C A Upsdell
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Browser issues.
Patrick wrote:
> I heard the case between eolas and MS has been resolved, (so no more
> double-clicking with IE). So why then did the link stop completely?


Resolved, yes, but not everyone installs the latest updates, so many
people will still be using versions of IE requiring the extra click,
hence you should consider using the Eolas update workarounds for a long
time to come. Plus (as someone else has pointed out) Opera has not made
a deal with Eolas, which simply strengthens the case for sticking with
the workarounds.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-11-2008
rob^_^
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Browser issues.
HI Patrick,

Thanks for the link to your site. It runs just fine in IE7 and Opera 9.27 on
Vista Ultimate SP1 (fully patched). As Chuck has explained it appears that
your Opera version is not the latest.

You may want to revert back to the old injection method to cater for those
users that have not patched their machines/browsers.

Regards.

"Patrick" <pc@exciting-income.com> wrote in message
news:48A005CA.20406@exciting-income.com...
> rob^_^ wrote:
>> Hi Patrick,
>>
>> And your web site is?
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "Patrick" <pc@exciting-income.com> wrote in message
>> news:OlA55hz#IHA.3344@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I recently noticed my flash link on my web-site stopped working in IE7,
>>> but not FF.
>>>
>>> I was using swfobject so as visitors didn't need to click the flash link
>>> twice.
>>>
>>> I heard the case between eolas and MS has been resolved, (so no more
>>> double-clicking with IE). So why then did the link stop completely?
>>>
>>> I've replaced the code, so as not to use swfobject. IE7 now works fine
>>> but Opera 9.51 doesn't. That now needs the link to be clicked twice!
>>>
>>> Can anyone shed any light on how to get these browsers to work whereby
>>> you only need to click once for flash links?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Patrick.

>>

> www.exciting-income.com


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
restore IE7 browser-history & browser-history not being saved Tally microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 4 07-17-2008 00:22
Getting a web browser without a web browser?, (Thu, Dec 20th) Steve Security News 0 12-20-2007 23:21
Article ID: 928152 You may experience connectivity issues or performance issues when you connect a mobile PC that is running Windows Vista to a wireless access point KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Browser Audio Issues =?Utf-8?B?c3RyeWtlcjcxOQ==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 03-01-2007 08:41




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:14.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120