Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/)
-   microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-internetexplorer-general/)
-   -   Selecting text for copy of print (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-internetexplorer-general/289445-selecting-text-copy-print.html)

Mattymoo 08-10-2008 14:12

Selecting text for copy of print

All of a sudden, I cannot seem to select text from internet explorer 7 to
either copy and paste or to allow me to print the selection.

When I position the cursor to select anything and click, it just drags the
page up and down.

Have I inadvertantly changed a setting - I can't find where it I have!

Thanks for your help

Don Varnau 08-10-2008 15:20

Re: Selecting text for copy of print

Hi,
Windows XP or Vista?

Have you restarted the computer? I get a similar glitch occasionally and
closing all IE windows or a restart fixes it.

Open Control Panel> Mouse. Look at Buttons and Scrolling. See if you've set
a button to AutoScroll.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM 08-10-2008 16:27

Re: Selecting text for copy of print

"Mattymoo" <Mattymoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All of a sudden, I cannot seem to select text from internet explorer 7 to
> either copy and paste or to allow me to print the selection.
>
> When I position the cursor to select anything and click, it just drags the
> page up and down.
>
> Have I inadvertantly changed a setting - I can't find where it I have!
>
> Thanks for your help

Press the middle mouse button once.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Mattymoo 08-10-2008 16:47

Re: Selecting text for copy of print

Thank you for your replies.

The problem is on my laptop but I've just double tapped on the touchpad and
it seems to have sorted it - so simple!!

thanks for your help

Mattymoo 09-23-2008 09:57

RE: Selecting text for copy of print

A while ago I posted this question because I was unable to select text to copy
or print in IE7 (I'm using vista on an HP laptop. I've had it since April
and I think it came with vista SP1 loaded (But don't know how to check) as I
cannot see that it's downloaded via windows updates and certainly not recently

At the time the problem was solved by suggesting i tap on the mouse pad
before selecting the test and that seemed to work initially, but now it only
works intermittently

I've read a couple of other posts about a similar problem and read the
article about disabling add ins on IE7 and the post that suggests enabling
clipboard access under tools/options/security/internet/custome level. None
of these have worked for me and I'm getting really frustrated that I can only
select the whole page and delete the bits I don't need.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

thanks for your help