Error Message!

Fran

Error Message!
Using IE7 and XP. Lately, when surfing and clicking on a variety of
websites (some new, most are farmiliar) I have been getting a frequent
pop-up error message that reads "Internet Explorer Cannot Open Internet site
www.xxx.xxx - Operation Aborted." Then when I click OK it takes me to the
blue IE page...Internet Explorer Cannot Display this page, etc. Often when
I refresh, the page I want then appears!

Can someone please explain why this is happening and provide a fix. All
help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Fran

Leonard Grey

Re: Error Message!
This is frequently caused by an incompatible browser add-on. The
troubleshooting steps described below will help you to diagnose and fix
the problem:

How to Optimize or Reset Internet Explorer 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/

(Give the Guided Help a try.)

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by the presence of
viruses or other malicious software.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Fran wrote:
> Using IE7 and XP. Lately, when surfing and clicking on a variety of
> websites (some new, most are farmiliar) I have been getting a frequent
> pop-up error message that reads "Internet Explorer Cannot Open Internet site
> www.xxx.xxx - Operation Aborted." Then when I click OK it takes me to the
> blue IE page...Internet Explorer Cannot Display this page, etc. Often when
> I refresh, the page I want then appears!
>
> Can someone please explain why this is happening and provide a fix. All
> help is appreciated.
> Thanks in advance,
> Fran

Kayman

Re: Error Message!
On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 17:06:43 -0400, Fran wrote:

> Using IE7 and XP. Lately, when surfing and clicking on a variety of
> websites (some new, most are farmiliar) I have been getting a frequent
> pop-up error message that reads "Internet Explorer Cannot Open Internet site
> www.xxx.xxx - Operation Aborted." Then when I click OK it takes me to the
> blue IE page...Internet Explorer Cannot Display this page, etc. Often when
> I refresh, the page I want then appears!
>
> Can someone please explain why this is happening and provide a fix. All
> help is appreciated.

These applications may also be of assistance:
Malwarebytes© Corporation - Anti-Malware
--and/or--
SuperAntispyware - Free
http://www.superantispyware.com/supe...freevspro.html

After the software is updated, it is suggested scanning the system in Safe
Mode.
How do you boot to Safe Mode?
By pressing/tabbing F8 (or F5 on some keyboards) during re-boot.
Alternatively:
click onto Start==>Run, type "msconfig" (without quotation marks), click
OK. Then click onto BOOT.INI tab and 'check' /SAFEBOOT then OK and click
Restart. To go back to Normal Mode, you must access the System
Configuration utility again and click the General tab then click/check the
radio button 'Normal Startup'- load all device drivers and services'.
A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP

Good luck
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: Error Message!
"Fran" <spamsucks@alltimes.com> wrote in message
> Using IE7 and XP. Lately, when surfing and clicking on a variety of
> websites (some new, most are farmiliar) I have been getting a frequent
> pop-up error message that reads "Internet Explorer Cannot Open Internet
> site www.xxx.xxx - Operation Aborted." Then when I click OK it takes me
> to the blue IE page...Internet Explorer Cannot Display this page, etc.
> Often when I refresh, the page I want then appears!
>
> Can someone please explain why this is happening and provide a fix. All
> help is appreciated.
> Thanks in advance,
> Fran

Error message when you visit a Web page or interact with a Web application
in Internet Explorer: "Operation aborted"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927917

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email