How to get full-sized window when clicking

braxx20

How to get full-sized window when clicking
When I click on a link, I get a half-sized window as a result, which I then
have to maximize. Is there a setting I can change so I get a full-sized
window?
Peter Foldes

Re: How to get full-sized window when clicking
In XP right click on your IE icon in the Taskbar NOT on the desktop and select Properties\Shortcut and in the RUN box use the small arrow to select Maximized . Hit Apply and back out

--
Peter

"braxx20" <braxx20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C08AE374-D171-41C0-A0B3-B91EE5A91FE5@microsoft.com...
> When I click on a link, I get a half-sized window as a result, which I then
> have to maximize. Is there a setting I can change so I get a full-sized
> window?

braxx20

Re: How to get full-sized window when clicking
When I rt clk on the icon in the taskbar(bottom of screen?), all I get is
"restore,...minimize, close" - no properties.

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> In XP right click on your IE icon in the Taskbar NOT on the desktop and select Properties\Shortcut and in the RUN box use the small arrow to select Maximized . Hit Apply and back out
>
> --
> Peter

> "braxx20" <braxx20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C08AE374-D171-41C0-A0B3-B91EE5A91FE5@microsoft.com...
> > When I click on a link, I get a half-sized window as a result, which I then
> > have to maximize. Is there a setting I can change so I get a full-sized
> > window?

Gordon

> When I rt clk on the icon in the taskbar(bottom of screen?), all I get is
> "restore,...minimize, close" - no properties.

That's the wrong one - right-click on the icon in the Quick Launch toolbar

braxx20

Re: How to get full-sized window when clicking
Thanks, I did that but I still get the 1/2 size screen.
Evidently something else needs to be done.

"Gordon" wrote:

> "braxx20" <braxx20@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I rt clk on the icon in the taskbar(bottom of screen?), all I get is
> > "restore,...minimize, close" - no properties.
> >

> That's the wrong one - right-click on the icon in the Quick Launch toolbar

Don Varnau

Re: How to get full-sized window when clicking
Hi,
You need to resize two windows and close them in the order they were opened.

Open a webpage. Stretch it out to fullsize. Don't use maximize.
Choose any link on that webpage and right-click> open in a new window.
Stretch that second window out to the desired size- don't use maximize.
Close the first IE window. Then close that second resized window.

To always get a true maximized window...
AutoSizer 1.4- http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/
IE New Window Maximizer http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/index.htm

Additional information at:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/ietips.htm >>> Opening