SiteAdvisor 2.8.255 Problems

ju.c

SiteAdvisor 2.8.255 Problems
I'm having problems with the new McAfee SiteAdvisor 2.8.255 with IE7 (XP).

List of problems:

1. Toolbar position is screwed up.
2. Changing of SiteAdvisor settings not working.
(clicking the OK button does nothing, and
cannot close the window)
3. An unnecessary horizontal scroll bar
appears on Google.

I can't find any help at McAfee forums. I can wait for them to fix this super bad version
but what I really need soon is to be able to set my SiteAdvisor settings, particularly
"Highlight search results". Does anyone know how to enable that setting another way, like
in a file or the registry?

ju.c

Re: SiteAdvisor 2.8.255 Problems
AFAIK, the current version of Site Advisor IE Plug-in (free) is v2.6.0.6261.

Is your Site Advisor part of a McAfee suite?

It's simply a fact of life that not all third-party toolbars will play
nicely together in IE6 or IE7.

NB: I haven't been able to reach http://www.siteadvisor.com at all today and
Site Advisor is NOT working on Google search results pages on my end.

Site Advisor (User) Support Forum
http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=194

See this related thread:
http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/showthread.php?t=222521

--
~PA Bear

ju.c wrote:
> I'm having problems with the new McAfee SiteAdvisor 2.8.255 with IE7 (XP).
>
> List of problems:
>
> 1. Toolbar position is screwed up.
> 2. Changing of SiteAdvisor settings not working.
> (clicking the OK button does nothing, and
> cannot close the window)
> 3. An unnecessary horizontal scroll bar
> appears on Google.
>
> I can't find any help at McAfee forums. I can wait for them to fix this
> super bad version but what I really need soon is to be able to set my
> SiteAdvisor settings, particularly "Highlight search results". Does anyone
> know how to enable that setting another way, like in a file or the
> registry?

ju.c

Re: SiteAdvisor 2.8.255 Problems
My SiteAdvisor's version check:

http://www.siteadvisor.com/ie_upgrad...1.3.0&pip=true

Page says:

SiteAdvisor: Version Check
You are running version 2.8.0.255 of SiteAdvisor's plug-in.

You are already using the latest version available. There is no need to re-install
SiteAdvisor.

ju.c

> AFAIK, the current version of Site Advisor IE Plug-in (free) is v2.6.0.6261.
>
> Is your Site Advisor part of a McAfee suite?
>
> It's simply a fact of life that not all third-party toolbars will play
> nicely together in IE6 or IE7.
>
> NB: I haven't been able to reach http://www.siteadvisor.com at all today and
> Site Advisor is NOT working on Google search results pages on my end.
>
> Site Advisor (User) Support Forum
> http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=194
>
> See this related thread: http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/showthread.php?t=222521
>
> --
> ~PA Bear
>

> ju.c wrote:
>> I'm having problems with the new McAfee SiteAdvisor 2.8.255 with IE7 (XP).
>>
>> List of problems:
>>
>> 1. Toolbar position is screwed up.
>> 2. Changing of SiteAdvisor settings not working.
>> (clicking the OK button does nothing, and
>> cannot close the window)
>> 3. An unnecessary horizontal scroll bar
>> appears on Google.
>>
>> I can't find any help at McAfee forums. I can wait for them to fix this
>> super bad version but what I really need soon is to be able to set my
>> SiteAdvisor settings, particularly "Highlight search results". Does anyone
>> know how to enable that setting another way, like in a file or the
>> registry?

Re: SiteAdvisor 2.8.255 Problems
Back atcha with:

<QP>
You are running version 2.6.0.6261 of SiteAdvisor's plug-in.

You are already using the latest version available. There is no need to
re-install SiteAdvisor.
</QP>

Repost:
>> Is your Site Advisor part of a McAfee suite?

Mine is not.

ju.c wrote:
> My SiteAdvisor's version check:
>
> http://www.siteadvisor.com/ie_upgrad...1.3.0&pip=true
>

> Page says:
>
> SiteAdvisor: Version Check
> You are running version 2.8.0.255 of SiteAdvisor's plug-in.
>
> You are already using the latest version available. There is no need to
> re-install SiteAdvisor.
>

> ju.c

>> AFAIK, the current version of Site Advisor IE Plug-in (free) is
>> v2.6.0.6261. Is your Site Advisor part of a McAfee suite?
>>
>> It's simply a fact of life that not all third-party toolbars will play
>> nicely together in IE6 or IE7.
>>
>> NB: I haven't been able to reach http://www.siteadvisor.com at all today
>> and Site Advisor is NOT working on Google search results pages on my end.
>>
>> Site Advisor (User) Support Forum
>> http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=194
>>
>> See this related thread:
>> http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/showthread.php?t=222521 --
>> ~PA Bear
>>

>> ju.c wrote:
>>> I'm having problems with the new McAfee SiteAdvisor 2.8.255 with IE7
>>> (XP).
>>>
>>> List of problems:
>>>
>>> 1. Toolbar position is screwed up.
>>> 2. Changing of SiteAdvisor settings not working.
>>> (clicking the OK button does nothing, and
>>> cannot close the window)
>>> 3. An unnecessary horizontal scroll bar
>>> appears on Google.
>>>
>>> I can't find any help at McAfee forums. I can wait for them to fix this
>>> super bad version but what I really need soon is to be able to set my
>>> SiteAdvisor settings, particularly "Highlight search results". Does
>>> anyone
>>> know how to enable that setting another way, like in a file or the
>>> registry?

ju.c

Re: SiteAdvisor 2.8.255 Problems
> "Is your Site Advisor part of a McAfee suite?"
I thought you would see from the url (suite=false). I have no other McAfee products.

I'll sell my first born if you can provide me with:
1. A download link for version 2.6.0.6261
2. How to stop SiteAdvisor's auto update, so I
can keep 2.6.0.6261

ju.c

> Back atcha with:
>
> <QP>
> You are running version 2.6.0.6261 of SiteAdvisor's plug-in.
>
> You are already using the latest version available. There is no need to re-install
> SiteAdvisor.
> </QP>
>
> Repost:
>>> Is your Site Advisor part of a McAfee suite?

> Mine is not.
>

> ju.c wrote:
>> My SiteAdvisor's version check:
>>
>> http://www.siteadvisor.com/ie_upgrad...1.3.0&pip=true
>>

>> Page says:
>>
>> SiteAdvisor: Version Check
>> You are running version 2.8.0.255 of SiteAdvisor's plug-in.
>>
>> You are already using the latest version available. There is no need to
>> re-install SiteAdvisor.
>>

>> ju.c

>>> AFAIK, the current version of Site Advisor IE Plug-in (free) is
>>> v2.6.0.6261. Is your Site Advisor part of a McAfee suite?
>>>
>>> It's simply a fact of life that not all third-party toolbars will play
>>> nicely together in IE6 or IE7.
>>>
>>> NB: I haven't been able to reach http://www.siteadvisor.com at all today
>>> and Site Advisor is NOT working on Google search results pages on my end.
>>>
>>> Site Advisor (User) Support Forum
>>> http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=194
>>>
>>> See this related thread:
>>> http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/showthread.php?t=222521 --
>>> ~PA Bear

ju.c

Re: SiteAdvisor 2.8.255 Problems
I think I've found 2.6.0.6261:
http://download.mcafee.com/products/SA/IE/saSetup.exe

I'll sell my second born if you can provide me with:
1. <done>

"ju.c" <bibidybubidyboop@mailnator.com> wrote in message
>> "Is your Site Advisor part of a McAfee suite?"

> I thought you would see from the url (suite=false). I have no other McAfee products.
>
> I'll sell my first born if you can provide me with:
> 1. A download link for version 2.6.0.6261
> 2. How to stop SiteAdvisor's auto update, so I
> can keep 2.6.0.6261
>

> ju.c

>> Back atcha with:
>>
>> <QP>
>> You are running version 2.6.0.6261 of SiteAdvisor's plug-in.
>>
>> You are already using the latest version available. There is no need to re-install
>> SiteAdvisor.
>> </QP>
>>
>> Repost:

>> Mine is not.
>>

>> ju.c wrote:
>>> My SiteAdvisor's version check:
>>>
>>> http://www.siteadvisor.com/ie_upgrad...1.3.0&pip=true
>>>

>>> Page says:
>>>
>>> SiteAdvisor: Version Check
>>> You are running version 2.8.0.255 of SiteAdvisor's plug-in.
>>>
>>> You are already using the latest version available. There is no need to
>>> re-install SiteAdvisor.
>>>

>>> ju.c

ju.c

Re: SiteAdvisor 2.8.255 Problems
Some information.

I get mine from here:
http://www.siteadvisor.com/download/ie.html

And this is the download link that I get:
http://download.mcafee.com/products/.../saSetup64.exe

If you want to read:

New SiteAdvisor Being a Pain
http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/showthread.php?t=222383

Issues With New SiteAdvisor Versions
http://community.mcafee.com/showthre...ec5& t=222521

Site Advisor 2.8.255 refuses to conform to the user's positioning on the toolbar
http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=222476

> I'm having problems with the new McAfee SiteAdvisor 2.8.255 with IE7 (XP).
>

> List of problems:
>
> 1. Toolbar position is screwed up.
> 2. Changing of SiteAdvisor settings not working.
> (clicking the OK button does nothing, and
> cannot close the window)
> 3. An unnecessary horizontal scroll bar
> appears on Google.
>

> I can't find any help at McAfee forums. I can wait for them to fix this super bad
> version but what I really need soon is to be able to set my SiteAdvisor settings,
> particularly "Highlight search results". Does anyone know how to enable that setting
> another way, like in a file or the registry?
>

> ju.c

ju.c

Re: SiteAdvisor 2.8.255 Problems
I think I've figured it out.

Changing the SiteAdvisor service to Manual and removing SiteAdv.exe from
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run]
so far seems to work. SiteAdvisor still works fine.

> I think I've found 2.6.0.6261:
> http://download.mcafee.com/products/SA/IE/saSetup.exe
>
> I'll sell my second born if you can provide me with:
> 1. <done>
> 2. How to stop SiteAdvisor's auto update, so I
> can keep 2.6.0.6261
>

> ju.c
>

> "ju.c" <bibidybubidyboop@mailnator.com> wrote in message
>>> "Is your Site Advisor part of a McAfee suite?"

>> I thought you would see from the url (suite=false). I have no other McAfee products.
>>
>> I'll sell my first born if you can provide me with:
>> 1. A download link for version 2.6.0.6261
>> 2. How to stop SiteAdvisor's auto update, so I
>> can keep 2.6.0.6261
>>

>> ju.c

>>> Back atcha with:
>>>
>>> <QP>
>>> You are running version 2.6.0.6261 of SiteAdvisor's plug-in.
>>>
>>> You are already using the latest version available. There is no need to re-install
>>> SiteAdvisor.
>>> </QP>
>>>
>>> Repost:
>>>
>>> Mine is not.

ju.c

Re: SiteAdvisor 2.8.255 Problems
The version check results depend upon whether you've checked "Participate in product
improvement program."

If checked you'll see this:

SiteAdvisor: Version Check
You are running version 2.8.0.255 of SiteAdvisor's plug-in.
You are already using the latest version available. There is no need to re-install
SiteAdvisor.

If unchecked you'll see this:

SiteAdvisor: Version Check
You are running version 2.6.0.6261 of SiteAdvisor's plug-in.
You are already using the latest version available. There is no need to re-install
SiteAdvisor.

ju.c

> Back atcha with:
>
> <QP>
> You are running version 2.6.0.6261 of SiteAdvisor's plug-in.
>
> You are already using the latest version available. There is no need to re-install
> SiteAdvisor.
> </QP>
>
> Repost:
>>> Is your Site Advisor part of a McAfee suite?

> Mine is not.
>

> ju.c wrote:
>> My SiteAdvisor's version check:
>>
>> http://www.siteadvisor.com/ie_upgrad...1.3.0&pip=true
>>

>> Page says:
>>
>> SiteAdvisor: Version Check
>> You are running version 2.8.0.255 of SiteAdvisor's plug-in.
>>
>> You are already using the latest version available. There is no need to
>> re-install SiteAdvisor.
>>

>> ju.c

>>> AFAIK, the current version of Site Advisor IE Plug-in (free) is
>>> v2.6.0.6261. Is your Site Advisor part of a McAfee suite?
>>>
>>> It's simply a fact of life that not all third-party toolbars will play
>>> nicely together in IE6 or IE7.
>>>
>>> NB: I haven't been able to reach http://www.siteadvisor.com at all today
>>> and Site Advisor is NOT working on Google search results pages on my end.
>>>
>>> Site Advisor (User) Support Forum
>>> http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=194
>>>
>>> See this related thread:
>>> http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/showthread.php?t=222521 --
>>> ~PA Bear

Re: SiteAdvisor 2.8.255 Problems
If the "product improvement program" is a veiled reference for testing beta
builds, count me out.