Re: Content Advisor Password, IE7 in XP w/SP2

PJ

Re: Content Advisor Password, IE7 in XP w/SP2
Hi

I have forgotten my password and did not complete the hint portion.

How can one retrieve your password or do you need to restore the Content
Advisor as recommended by Frank ?

Your assistance will be appreciated.

Regards

PJ

"PJ" <PJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsB9B9685-8FE6-4D10-A98E-320A6CEE4BAF@microsoft.com...
> Hi
>
> I have forgotten my password and did not complete the hint portion.
>
> How can one retrieve your password or do you need to restore the Content
> Advisor as recommended by Frank ?
>
> "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE" wrote:
>
>> "MWACSNY" <MWACSNY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Someone borrowed my friend's notebook and possibly with malicious
>> > intent
>> > configured the Content Advisor in IE7 so that virtually all web sites
>> > are
>> > blocked and now claims to have forgotten the supervisor password. Is
>> > there
>> > any way to remove the password and disable or reconfigure the Content
>> > Advisor?

>> If you wish to restore Content Advisor to its original condition (because
>> of
>> your kids) you can obtain a Microsoft program (CA-Reset.exe - 89.5 KB) to
>> do
>> this here:
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/CA-Reset.exe
>> (listed on line 283) NOTE: Using CA-Reset will completely delete your
>> Approved List - everything starts like brand new, so consider this before
>> you use it

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: Content Advisor Password, IE7 in XP w/SP2
Yes.

newsEA371A6-25A9-4752-9B69-6CA5104FC9FF@microsoft.com...