Internet Explorer Memory Usage is High

Anuj

Internet Explorer Memory Usage is High
Hi All,

When I open any website, exp. www.google.com the memory usage in Task
Manager goes 140 MB approx. but when I use this on the other pc of same
configuration it takes approx 20 - 40 MB. I tried removing IE 7, used IE6,
but the same problem.

I have used IE7 without Addons but no luck.
I am using WinXP sp2, 2.99 GHz Processor and 1 GB Ram.

Please help.

Re: Internet Explorer Memory Usage is High
1. Does the problem persist if you Reset IE7 Settings (RIES)?

2. If you uninstall (a) IE7 *exactly* per the link below (which
automatically returns you to IE6), (b) all toolbars and (c) all third-party
Windows Themes (including Window Blinds) and do NOT reinstall IE7, does this
behavior persist?

=> If it does, do NOT reinstall IE7 yet!

Uninstalling IE7
http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html
[Only use the Command %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe if you cannot
uninstall via Add/Remove Programs!]

IE7 (Un)Installation and Anti-Malware Applications:

3. Required reading IMHO before reinstalling IE7:

Sandi's Installation Tips <= Steps #1-8, #10 & #11; take note of #12, then
STOP

I strongly recommend using
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow.../getitnow.mspx as the

Direct Download link:

Tip: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it.

4. Make *certain* that you check in at Windows Update immediately after
reinstalling IE7 to install any critical updates offered. If Optional
Updates category offers Root Certificates update, I recommend installing it
to take full advantage of IE7's additional security.

====================

IMPORTANT! => IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Anuj wrote:
> When I open any website, exp. www.google.com the memory usage in Task
> Manager goes 140 MB approx. but when I use this on the other pc of same
> configuration it takes approx 20 - 40 MB. I tried removing IE 7, used IE6,
> but the same problem.
>
> I have used IE7 without Addons but no luck.
> I am using WinXP sp2, 2.99 GHz Processor and 1 GB Ram.

Anuj

Re: Internet Explorer Memory Usage is High
Thanks for your response....but it does not help.

My pc is not infated with malware and tried removing , installing, updating
etc.

Problem still not solved.

Re: Internet Explorer Memory Usage is High
What doesn't help? You tried everything I posted in 20 minutes or so? (I
don't think so.)

If the behavior persists in IE6, chances are that the machine *is* infected.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30,
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html, or other appropriate forums for review

Anuj wrote:
> Thanks for your response....but it does not help.
>
> My pc is not infated with malware and tried removing , installing,
> updating
> etc.
>
> Problem still not solved.

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"Anuj" <Anuj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news727F847-A1CC-4E5A-A6A7-B3CE1C61BAC2@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for your response....but it does not help.
>
> My pc is not infated with malware and tried removing , installing,
> updating
> etc.
>
> Problem still not solved.

My IE7 uses 30 MB.

Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these
Web pages.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince
you that you owe it to the author. See also:
of.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email