default Search Site (engine) can not be changed IE7

YumaUser

default Search Site (engine) can not be changed IE7
My default search site is MSN Live Search. When I do a internet search it
comes back showing Yahoo as the search site but it is not listed in the
search site list. The only site in the search site list is Live Search and
that is the default.

I have 2 laptops an IBM and Dell. Both laptops started doing this same thing
this morning (7/30/2008). Is this something that MS has done? Is Live Search
now Yahoo? Or is it I had my search engine high jacked. The Dell computer is
used but was reloaded with the Dell starter installation software. The IE7
had never been used but the first time I did a search it returned results
showing it used Yahoo.
The original owner did not use Yahoo.

I prefer to use Live Search but IE7 is all ready default to Live Search. Help

I am novice user so please keep this in mine when responding.
Don Varnau

Re: default Search Site (engine) can not be changed IE7
Hi,
Windows XP or Vista? (Might or might not matter.)

Have you downloaded anything from Yahoo- Yahoo messenger or the Yahoo
toolbar?

Anything from yahoo listed in Add or remove programs? (Programs and Features
in Vista.)

Can you change the default search provider to something else? Try Google.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"YumaUser" <YumaUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My default search site is MSN Live Search. When I do a internet search it
> comes back showing Yahoo as the search site but it is not listed in the
> search site list. The only site in the search site list is Live Search and
> that is the default.
>
> I have 2 laptops an IBM and Dell. Both laptops started doing this same

thing
> this morning (7/30/2008). Is this something that MS has done? Is Live

> now Yahoo? Or is it I had my search engine high jacked. The Dell computer

is
> used but was reloaded with the Dell starter installation software. The IE7
> had never been used but the first time I did a search it returned results
> showing it used Yahoo.
> The original owner did not use Yahoo.
>
> I prefer to use Live Search but IE7 is all ready default to Live Search.

Help

> I am novice user so please keep this in mine when responding.

YumaUser

RE: when using Line Search on the address bar I am being redirected
The real problem turn out to be the ISP I am using while visiting in the
Louisville, KY, INSIGHTBB is redirecting any search using Live Search or
wrong web address used in the address bar to www33.not-found-entry.org. This
site gives pages of ad's. which look like search results.