A website will not load

Brenda Brad

A website will not load
Im trying to get on examangel.co.uk. Ive searched for advice and followed
it. BT the ISP have been in and looked but cant sort it. I have cleared the
DNS Cache, enabled cookies, put the site on as a trusted website. Rebooted
the router. Everything I can think of. The website have suggested things
also which havent worked ie pinging.
Kaja

RE: A website will not load
Well to see if it is a problem with IE or the website here is a
troubleshooting process I would reccommend. Download Mozilla Firefox browser
and try to view that particular websitefrom there. Then if it displays you
will know that the issue lies with IE and if not the issue lies with the
page. Get back to me and let me know what happens. BTW I tried it on my
computer with IE7 and it displayed fine so it appears the issue appears with
your browser. Sorry I dont have a more thorough solution.
Best Regards,
Kaja

"Brenda Brad" wrote:

> Im trying to get on examangel.co.uk. Ive searched for advice and followed
> it. BT the ISP have been in and looked but cant sort it. I have cleared the
> DNS Cache, enabled cookies, put the site on as a trusted website. Rebooted
> the router. Everything I can think of. The website have suggested things
> also which havent worked ie pinging.

Leonard Grey

Re: A website will not load
Your security software may be blocking access to the website. That's
typically the cause when a computer can't access one (otherwise
legitimate) website while having no trouble with all other websites.

Security software can certainly be wrong about a given website, or you
may have unwittingly told your firewall or ad-blocking software to block
access to the URL. I've been guilty of the latter more often than I care
to admit.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Brenda Brad wrote:
> Im trying to get on examangel.co.uk. Ive searched for advice and followed
> it. BT the ISP have been in and looked but cant sort it. I have cleared the
> DNS Cache, enabled cookies, put the site on as a trusted website. Rebooted
> the router. Everything I can think of. The website have suggested things
> also which havent worked ie pinging.

Brenda Brad

RE: A website will not load
Hi - Ive downloaded Firefox but it wouldnt work from there either

"Kaja" wrote:

> Well to see if it is a problem with IE or the website here is a
> troubleshooting process I would reccommend. Download Mozilla Firefox browser
> and try to view that particular websitefrom there. Then if it displays you
> will know that the issue lies with IE and if not the issue lies with the
> page. Get back to me and let me know what happens. BTW I tried it on my
> computer with IE7 and it displayed fine so it appears the issue appears with
> your browser. Sorry I dont have a more thorough solution.
> Best Regards,
> Kaja
>
> "Brenda Brad" wrote:
>
> > Im trying to get on examangel.co.uk. Ive searched for advice and followed
> > it. BT the ISP have been in and looked but cant sort it. I have cleared the
> > DNS Cache, enabled cookies, put the site on as a trusted website. Rebooted
> > the router. Everything I can think of. The website have suggested things
> > also which havent worked ie pinging.

Brenda Brad

Re: A website will not load
Hiya - Ive turned off the firewall etc previously but that didnt work either

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Your security software may be blocking access to the website. That's
> typically the cause when a computer can't access one (otherwise
> legitimate) website while having no trouble with all other websites.
>
> Security software can certainly be wrong about a given website, or you
> may have unwittingly told your firewall or ad-blocking software to block
> access to the URL. I've been guilty of the latter more often than I care
> to admit.
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Brenda Brad wrote:
> > Im trying to get on examangel.co.uk. Ive searched for advice and followed
> > it. BT the ISP have been in and looked but cant sort it. I have cleared the
> > DNS Cache, enabled cookies, put the site on as a trusted website. Rebooted
> > the router. Everything I can think of. The website have suggested things
> > also which havent worked ie pinging.

Leonard Grey

Re: A website will not load
I hope you have more than just a firewall in your security arsenal.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Brenda Brad wrote:
> Hiya - Ive turned off the firewall etc previously but that didnt work either
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> Your security software may be blocking access to the website. That's
>> typically the cause when a computer can't access one (otherwise
>> legitimate) website while having no trouble with all other websites.
>>
>> Security software can certainly be wrong about a given website, or you
>> may have unwittingly told your firewall or ad-blocking software to block
>> access to the URL. I've been guilty of the latter more often than I care
>> to admit.
>>
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Brenda Brad wrote:
>>> Im trying to get on examangel.co.uk. Ive searched for advice and followed
>>> it. BT the ISP have been in and looked but cant sort it. I have cleared the
>>> DNS Cache, enabled cookies, put the site on as a trusted website. Rebooted
>>> the router. Everything I can think of. The website have suggested things
>>> also which havent worked ie pinging.

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: A website will not load
"Brenda Brad" <Brenda Brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Im trying to get on examangel.co.uk. Ive searched for advice and followed
> it. BT the ISP have been in and looked but cant sort it. I have cleared
> the
> DNS Cache, enabled cookies, put the site on as a trusted website. Rebooted
> the router. Everything I can think of. The website have suggested things
> also which havent worked ie pinging.

Is this a contest to see how well we can solve a problem with as little
information as possible?
IE version?
Windows version and Service Pack level?
What third party security programs do you have running?

Check C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc for a file named HOSTS with no
extension. (Not Hosts.sam)
Make sure Windows is set to show hidden files and folders and is NOT set to
hide extensions for known file types.
If HOSTS exists, rename it to HOSTS.OLD
Reboot an try again.

Or, In a Cmd window, enter