IE7 can't type on page

Troubled windows user

IE7 can't type on page
I am using Vista with Internet Explorer 7 and cannot type on web pages any
more. I cannot even get the cursor to appear in the appropriate box when
clicked. Have just reset all internet settings but problem is still present.
Any assistance is appreciated.
F Clark

IE 7 can't type in web page fields
I have just encountered the same problem. when I wen to use IE 7 (Vista) on my laptop) I could click on the tabs and links type in the address bar but not in any of the web page mouse over to click and type fields. I was on the phone with MS for half a good 2 hours. Sort of uninstalling, They had me do all sorts of things. Finally about 4pm the IT tech wanted me to talk to the IE 7 Department. I never got to do that and now it is Monday eve. Why didn't I get put with IE 7 in the first place??

Re: IE 7 can't type in web page fields
Vista or Vista SP1?

In no certain order:

How to troubleshoot Internet Explorer 7 issues in Windows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936215

How to optimize or reset Internet Explorer 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213

Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts (Guided Help)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

F Clark wrote:
> I have just encountered the same problem. when I wen to use IE 7 (Vista)
> on
> my laptop) I could click on the tabs and links type in the address bar but
> not in any of the web page mouse over to click and type fields. I was on
> the phone with MS for half a good 2 hours. Sort of uninstalling, They had
> me do all sorts of things. Finally about 4pm the IT tech wanted me to talk
> to the IE 7 Department. I never got to do that and now it is Monday eve.
> Why didn't I get put with IE 7 in the first place??

F Clark

Follow-up to first message of cannot type in web pagefield
I had to call Microsoft. After a half day of going through all the redo’s undo’s (including the IE Settings) on Sunday, I finally got to get with a IE 7 tech yesterday. He determined that the IE 7 Files were corrupt and the only way it could be fixed was to do a back-up of files that I wanted to keep (Still lost some) in order to do a Restore & Recovery. Turning on the computer while constantly tapping on the f ll key (R & R) until the shell opens up to continue with R & R steps. Because the OS is Vista the usual uninstall and delete could not be done.
The tech said that IE can get overloaded with multiple tool bar information that that can cause corruption of its files. I have experienced (when searching and looking at new sites) unneeded multiple (yahoo, Google, etc) tool bars come onto the browser. I would just close them.

So, beware the many toolbars! :-)

Re: Follow-up to first message of cannot type in web page field
Always reply to your original thread ("IE 7 can't type in web page fields"),
please.