Internet Options Tabs Missing

Garet Jax

Internet Options Tabs Missing
Under Internet Options, I am missing all my tabs except for Connections.
General, Security, Privacy, Advanced, all of them are missing. I can't find
any information on the web about this. They have been missing for months.

I am running IE7 on Vista SP1.
Leonard Grey

Re: Internet Options Tabs Missing
Malicious software such as viruses or spyware could be installed on your
computer.

"How to Tell if a Malfunctioning PC Has a Virus"
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...1-1054842.html

"Cleaning a Pest-Infected Computer"
http://rgharper.mvps.org/cleanit.htm

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Garet Jax wrote:
> Under Internet Options, I am missing all my tabs except for Connections.
> General, Security, Privacy, Advanced, all of them are missing. I can't find
> any information on the web about this. They have been missing for months.
>
> I am running IE7 on Vista SP1.

Garet Jax

Re: Internet Options Tabs Missing
I understand the nature of those programs but I honestly don't believe this
is the case. My computers runs really well and I keep a tight lid on it. If
I do have malware then none of the program I have detect it. I also have
Symantec Endpoint Protection running which detects that sort of stuff.

I can't say for certain but I think this problem has been here ever since I
upgraded to IE7. I think there must be a setting somewhere, perhaps in the
registry that is controlling this.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Malicious software such as viruses or spyware could be installed on your
> computer.
>
> "How to Tell if a Malfunctioning PC Has a Virus"
> http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...1-1054842.html
>
> "Cleaning a Pest-Infected Computer"
> http://rgharper.mvps.org/cleanit.htm
>

> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Garet Jax wrote:
> > Under Internet Options, I am missing all my tabs except for Connections.
> > General, Security, Privacy, Advanced, all of them are missing. I can't find
> > any information on the web about this. They have been missing for months.
> >
> > I am running IE7 on Vista SP1.

Re: Internet Options Tabs Missing
You did not upgrade to IE7 if you're running Vista.

Despite the presence of Symantec Endpoint Protection (wherever/however you
got it), your machine *may* be compromised.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm