Runonce Page Cannot Found

Ikrananka

Runonce Page Cannot Found
I am running a new install of Vista and am having a problem with IE7 not
finding the runonce customization page
(http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.apsx). I keep getting an error page stating
that "The page you have requested cannot be found."

I tried accessing the page on my well used WinXP machine with the same
result. Is the msn runonce page down?
Richard Allan Stauch

Re: Runonce Page Cannot Found
Same here. I bought an Acer Extensa with Vista and IE7 preinstalled. I
didn't notice the problem until after I ran Windows Update until nothing was
left. Now, I have this problem, but only with the administrator user, and
only for the first page in the Home page list.

In addition, no matter what I make the Home page(s), the first one comes up
with this error. That is, with this Home page tab list:
about:blank
http://www.msn.com

The first tab doesn't load about:blank, but tries to load this:

Rather than ending up at msn.com (like it does any other time), it displays
a 404 error page. Again, this is only on initial load of IE.

As indicated above, other users on this laptop don't have this problem. Home
pages load as expected.

"Ikrananka" <Ikrananka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running a new install of Vista and am having a problem with IE7 not
> finding the runonce customization page
> (http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.apsx). I keep getting an error page
> stating
> that "The page you have requested cannot be found."
>
> I tried accessing the page on my well used WinXP machine with the same
> result. Is the msn runonce page down?

Re: Runonce Page Cannot Found
A blank Web page is displayed when you start Internet Explorer 7
[ignore the title]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945385
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Ikrananka wrote:
> I am running a new install of Vista and am having a problem with IE7 not
> finding the runonce customization page
> (http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.apsx). I keep getting an error page
> stating that "The page you have requested cannot be found."
>
> I tried accessing the page on my well used WinXP machine with the same
> result. Is the msn runonce page down?

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: Runonce Page Cannot Found
"Ikrananka" <Ikrananka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running a new install of Vista and am having a problem with IE7 not
> finding the runonce customization page
> (http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.apsx). I keep getting an error page
> stating
> that "The page you have requested cannot be found."
>
> I tried accessing the page on my well used WinXP machine with the same
> result. Is the msn runonce page down?

Tools | Internet Options | Security
Make sure scripting is not disabled.

If that doesn't fix it, save the part between the lines below and paste into
Notepad. Save as Runonce.reg

---------------------Runonce.reg--------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
"RunOnceHasShown"=dword:00000001
"RunOnceComplete"=dword:00000001

Right click Runonce.reg and choose Merge.

To change all Windows users at once use

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
"RunOnceHasShown"=dword:00000001
"RunOnceComplete"=dword:00000001

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email