Preview of features & functionality coming in IE8 (Beta 2) - FYI

Preview of features & functionality coming in IE8 (Beta 2) - FYI
IEBlog: IE8 and Reliability:
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...liability.aspx

Of special interest to Vista users:

<QP>
Virtual tabs

We have also added the internal capability to “hot swap” the process from
underneath a tab. Previously, Protected Mode worked on a /per-process/
basis. For example, say you add a website to your trusted sites in IE7. If
that site links to another site that is not in your trusted sites, it will
cause you to switch browser windows when you click the link.

We improved this in IE8 Beta 1 with LCIE when we split the frame from the
tabs. With the split we can create a new tab in the same window and switch
you to that tab as opposed to being “punted” to a new window.

Virtual tabs lets you navigate across Protected Mode in the /same tab/ since
we just switch the process under the tab to the correct integrity level.
This is really just “UI-sugar” – virtual tabs do not impact security or
protected mode in any way, other than to make it more convenient to
transition between protected mode on/off.
</QP>
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

rob^_^

Re: Preview of features & functionality coming in IE8 (Beta 2) - FYI
Well, we got some UI sugar. What no Candy!

> IEBlog: IE8 and Reliability:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...liability.aspx
>
> Of special interest to Vista users:
>
> <QP>
> Virtual tabs
>
> We have also added the internal capability to “hot swap” the process from
> underneath a tab. Previously, Protected Mode worked on a /per-process/
> basis. For example, say you add a website to your trusted sites in IE7. If
> that site links to another site that is not in your trusted sites, it will
> cause you to switch browser windows when you click the link.
>
> We improved this in IE8 Beta 1 with LCIE when we split the frame from the
> tabs. With the split we can create a new tab in the same window and switch
> you to that tab as opposed to being “punted” to a new window.
>
> Virtual tabs lets you navigate across Protected Mode in the /same tab/
> since we just switch the process under the tab to the correct integrity
> level. This is really just “UI-sugar” – virtual tabs do not impact
> security or protected mode in any way, other than to make it more
> convenient to transition between protected mode on/off.
> </QP>
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Re: Preview of features & functionality coming in IE8 (Beta 2) - FYI
If they don't unwrap their candies during the concert and annoy others,
maybe IE8 RTW will have some!

rob^_^ wrote:
> Well, we got some UI sugar. What no Candy!

>> IEBlog: IE8 and Reliability:
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...liability.aspx
>>
>> Of special interest to Vista users:
>>
>> <QP>
>> Virtual tabs
>>
>> We have also added the internal capability to “hot swap” the process from
>> underneath a tab. Previously, Protected Mode worked on a /per-process/
>> basis. For example, say you add a website to your trusted sites in IE7.
>> If
>> that site links to another site that is not in your trusted sites, it
>> will
>> cause you to switch browser windows when you click the link.
>>
>> We improved this in IE8 Beta 1 with LCIE when we split the frame from the
>> tabs. With the split we can create a new tab in the same window and
>> switch
>> you to that tab as opposed to being “punted” to a new window.
>>
>> Virtual tabs lets you navigate across Protected Mode in the /same tab/
>> since we just switch the process under the tab to the correct integrity
>> level. This is really just “UI-sugar” – virtual tabs do not impact
>> security or protected mode in any way, other than to make it more
>> convenient to transition between protected mode on/off.
>> </QP>
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

rob^_^

Re: Preview of features & functionality coming in IE8 (Beta 2) - FYI
ha, ha!

> If they don't unwrap their candies during the concert and annoy others,
> maybe IE8 RTW will have some!
>
> rob^_^ wrote:
>> Well, we got some UI sugar. What no Candy!

>>> IEBlog: IE8 and Reliability:
>>> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...liability.aspx
>>>
>>> Of special interest to Vista users:
>>>
>>> <QP>
>>> Virtual tabs
>>>
>>> We have also added the internal capability to “hot swap” the process
>>> from
>>> underneath a tab. Previously, Protected Mode worked on a /per-process/
>>> basis. For example, say you add a website to your trusted sites in IE7.
>>> If
>>> that site links to another site that is not in your trusted sites, it
>>> will
>>> cause you to switch browser windows when you click the link.
>>>
>>> We improved this in IE8 Beta 1 with LCIE when we split the frame from
>>> the
>>> tabs. With the split we can create a new tab in the same window and
>>> switch
>>> you to that tab as opposed to being “punted” to a new window.
>>>
>>> Virtual tabs lets you navigate across Protected Mode in the /same tab/
>>> since we just switch the process under the tab to the correct integrity
>>> level. This is really just “UI-sugar” – virtual tabs do not impact
>>> security or protected mode in any way, other than to make it more
>>> convenient to transition between protected mode on/off.
>>> </QP>
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Leonard Grey

Re: Preview of features & functionality coming in IE8 (Beta 2) -FYI
Now everyone will have to endure a whole new round of "Microsoft
destroyed my computer", "Bill sux" and "where can I buy a Mac?" posts.
From the same people who said the same things about IE 7, IE 6, IE 5.5,
etc.

---
Leonard Grey