Security

PL

Security
Hi

Problem when using Windows browser when visiting website

1) A bar will appear below the toolbar stating:

Warning: possible spyware or adware infection! Click here to scan your
computer for spyware and adware...

How do I get rid of this bar as it is obtruding my view?

2) When trying to login to some password protected sites. A page will appear
to block entry

Insecure Internet activity. Threat of virus attack

How to bypass this?

Re: Security
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30,
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html, or other appropriate forums for review

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

PL wrote:
> Hi
>
> Problem when using Windows browser when visiting website
>
> 1) A bar will appear below the toolbar stating:
>
> Warning: possible spyware or adware infection! Click here to scan your
> computer for spyware and adware...
>
> How do I get rid of this bar as it is obtruding my view?
>
> 2) When trying to login to some password protected sites. A page will
> appear
> to block entry
>
> Insecure Internet activity. Threat of virus attack
>
> How to bypass this?

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: Security
"PL" <PL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Problem when using Windows browser when visiting website
>
> 1) A bar will appear below the toolbar stating:
>
> Warning: possible spyware or adware infection! Click here to scan your
> computer for spyware and adware...
>
> How do I get rid of this bar as it is obtruding my view?
>
> 2) When trying to login to some password protected sites. A page will
> appear
> to block entry
>
> Insecure Internet activity. Threat of virus attack
>
> How to bypass this?

For heaven's sake don't click that bar. It's part of the infection.
Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these
Web pages.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince
you that you owe it to the author. See also:
of.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email