unexpected errors?

Kristinna

unexpected errors?
my internet explorer keeps closing and saying that i have unexpected errors
so internet explorer has to close. it keeps doing it every so often randomly
or if i close out a pop-up window it closes out my entire explorer!

i have vista
Leonard Grey

Re: unexpected errors?
This is frequently caused by an incompatible browser add-on. The
troubleshooting steps described below will help you to diagnose and fix
the problem:

How to Optimize or Reset Internet Explorer 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/

(Give the Guided Help a try.)

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by the presence of
viruses or other malicious software.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Kristinna wrote:
> my internet explorer keeps closing and saying that i have unexpected errors
> so internet explorer has to close. it keeps doing it every so often randomly
> or if i close out a pop-up window it closes out my entire explorer!
>
> i have vista

HNM1960

Re: unexpected errors?

"Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" wrote:

> "Kristinna" <Kristinna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > my internet explorer keeps closing and saying that i have unexpected
> > errors
> > so internet explorer has to close. it keeps doing it every so often
> > randomly
> > or if i close out a pop-up window it closes out my entire explorer!
> >
> > i have vista

> I know of three causes for the vast majority of such problems:
> 1. You might have incompatible add-ons:
> Go to Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools
> and click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).
>
> 2. Tools | Internet Options | Advanced
> Scroll to the bottom and click Reset Internet Explorer Settings. Read this
> article first:
> How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES):
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
> Note that the Reset IE Settings button will delete AutoComplete data (such
> as passwords.) Do you have those backed up?
>
> 3. Malware already installed on the computer: Help with malware
> All MS-MVP Sites.
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/darnit.html
>
> Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315
>
> So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
> For quite a few people it's by installing programs like Messenger Plus,
> whose ads for
> malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince you that you
> owe it to the author. See also:
> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=27971
> Don't ever do a "default" install of anything. Always choose Custom and see
> what else is being carried along. Don't install any extras you're not sure
> of.
>
> You might also try the steps here:
> "Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts"
> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/pc_ie_intro

Does same thing to me. Every time when a popup closes automatically or when
I close it. Even when I am trying to close the original Explorer Window with
the red X in upper right corner, it gives the mesage then restarts...

I ran wihtout addons as you suggested and it did nto seem to do this. How
can I determine whch add on is incompatible?