RE: IE7 crashes when closing tabs

Vince

RE: IE7 crashes when closing tabs
Anyone who has used IE7 knows that it lets you open tabs, but regularly dies
when you try to close them. (Especially if there is something loading at the
time). Unless you are super careful (use the stop button, then wait...) you
will crash it several times a day.. an hour...

This is not new to SP3 it was a regular feature of SP2. Actually IE7
contains lots of ways like this for you to lose data: form entries, emails
you are composing, etc.

The inability to close tabs is just one, the forced refresh when clicking
'allow popups' is another. I consider that MS is helpless to resolve these
issues. IE7 is not really equipped to handle tabbed browsing. This is not a
new problem. Too bad really.
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone who has used IE7 knows that it lets you open tabs, but regularly
> dies
> when you try to close them. (Especially if there is something loading at
> the
> time). Unless you are super careful (use the stop button, then wait...)
> you
> will crash it several times a day.. an hour...
>
> This is not new to SP3 it was a regular feature of SP2. Actually IE7
> contains lots of ways like this for you to lose data: form entries, emails
> you are composing, etc.
>
> The inability to close tabs is just one, the forced refresh when clicking
> 'allow popups' is another. I consider that MS is helpless to resolve these
> issues. IE7 is not really equipped to handle tabbed browsing. This is not
> new problem. Too bad really.

None of my machines with IE7 display this behavior. If it happens to you I
would expect a bad add-on or some malware.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Leonard Grey

Re: IE7 crashes when closing tabs
I've never experienced trouble closing tabs, whether with SP2 or SP3,
whether something is downloading or not, and I regularly have a dozen or
more tabs open at a time. I guess some people have all the luck, right?

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est