RE: IE7 crashes when closing tabs

Vince

RE: IE7 crashes when closing tabs
The developers do not have the resources to resolve these issues. The ability
to open tabs but not close them has plagued IE7 from day one.

If you use IEz expect to lose data regularly, through crashes as you have
described, forced refreshes using the 'allow popups' dialogue, and through
'this page can not be displayed' redirections, such as I will surely get when
I hit the post button now.....

"Bloggitt" wrote:

> I'm using IE7 on Win XP Tablet Edition (based on Pro, I believe )
>
> When I have multiple tabs open, sometimes IE freezes when I close one of them.
> I'm unable to switch to other tabs, access the menu or close IE using the X
> (top right)
>
> I've tried resetting IE to default settings, clearing the cache and running
> the (No Add-ons) version and it still crashes.
>
> I certainly didn't have this problem before updating XP to SP3, but can't be
> certain that this is when the problem started happening.
>
> I've not installed any new software recently.
> All I've done is update Sophos AV, Spybot S&D, Windows Defender, and full
> scans with these haven't found any problems.
>
> I use Windows Firewall and keep my system well patched/updated.
>
> Anybody have any suggestions?
> Thanks

Nelson

RE: IE7 crashes when closing tabs
The problem may be related to your Anti-Virus program, as per your
descriptions, you should be able to duplicate the problem easily. So just
try to disable your Anti-Virus program and test it out first.