ie7 close all windows when close one of them

QuyNguyen

ie7 close all windows when close one of them
Hi,
My internet explore close all ie windows even I only close one of openning
ie windows. Please help me to fix this. Thanks

Leonard Grey

Re: ie7 close all windows when close one of them
This is frequently caused by an incompatible browser add-on. The
troubleshooting steps described below will help you to diagnose and fix
the problem:

How to Optimize or Reset Internet Explorer 7
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936213/

(Give the Guided Help a try.)

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by the presence of
viruses or other malicious software.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

QuyNguyen wrote:
> Hi,
> My internet explore close all ie windows even I only close one of openning
> ie windows. Please help me to fix this. Thanks

Re: ie7 close all windows when close one of them
What is your full Windows version (e.g., Vista SP1; WinXP SP3)?

(if any)?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

QuyNguyen wrote:
> Hi,
> My internet explore close all ie windows even I only close one of openning
> ie windows. Please help me to fix this. Thanks

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"QuyNguyen" <quy.nguyen@ignify.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> My internet explore close all ie windows even I only close one of openning
> ie windows. Please help me to fix this. Thanks

I know of three causes for the vast majority of such problems:
1. You might have incompatible add-ons:
Go to Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools
and click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

2. Tools | Internet Options | Advanced
Scroll to the bottom and click Reset Internet Explorer Settings. Read this
article first:
How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES):
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
Note that the Reset IE Settings button will delete AutoComplete data (such
as passwords.) Do you have those backed up?

3. Malware already installed on the computer: Help with malware
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for
malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince you that you
owe it to the author. See also:
of.

You might also try the steps here:
"Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts"

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email