selectively deleting cookies

Coach88

selectively deleting cookies
I want to keep some usefull cookies while deleting harmfull or unwanted
cookies. When I go in Internet options, delete cookies it deletes all
cookies. If I view the temporary internet files, some cookies are missing
therefore I can't effectively clean them out. I'm running Vista and IE 7.

Re: selectively deleting cookies
You'll need to use a third-party utility to accomplish this, Coach.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Coach88 wrote:
> I want to keep some usefull cookies while deleting harmfull or unwanted
> cookies. When I go in Internet options, delete cookies it deletes all
> cookies. If I view the temporary internet files, some cookies are missing
> therefore I can't effectively clean them out. I'm running Vista and IE 7.

Coach88

Re: selectively deleting cookies
As in... CCleaner or something of that nature?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> You'll need to use a third-party utility to accomplish this, Coach.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> Coach88 wrote:
> > I want to keep some usefull cookies while deleting harmfull or unwanted
> > cookies. When I go in Internet options, delete cookies it deletes all
> > cookies. If I view the temporary internet files, some cookies are missing
> > therefore I can't effectively clean them out. I'm running Vista and IE 7.

Re: selectively deleting cookies
Something of that nature, yes.

Coach88 wrote:
> As in... CCleaner or something of that nature?
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You'll need to use a third-party utility to accomplish this, Coach.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> Coach88 wrote:
>>> I want to keep some usefull cookies while deleting harmfull or unwanted
>>> cookies. When I go in Internet options, delete cookies it deletes all
>>> cookies. If I view the temporary internet files, some cookies are
>>> missing
>>> therefore I can't effectively clean them out. I'm running Vista and IE
>>> 7.

Mick Murphy

Re: selectively deleting cookies
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/iecookies.html

IE cookiesview.
Good little program; been around for years!
Works with XP and Vista
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Coach88" wrote:

> As in... CCleaner or something of that nature?
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > You'll need to use a third-party utility to accomplish this, Coach.
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
> >
> > Coach88 wrote:
> > > I want to keep some usefull cookies while deleting harmfull or unwanted
> > > cookies. When I go in Internet options, delete cookies it deletes all
> > > cookies. If I view the temporary internet files, some cookies are missing
> > > therefore I can't effectively clean them out. I'm running Vista and IE 7.

Coach88

Re: selectively deleting cookies
Thanks for your input Mick & Bear

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/iecookies.html
>
> IE cookiesview.
> Good little program; been around for years!
> Works with XP and Vista
> --
> Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia
>

> "Coach88" wrote:
>
> > As in... CCleaner or something of that nature?
> >
> > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > You'll need to use a third-party utility to accomplish this, Coach.
> > > --
> > > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> > > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> > > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: selectively deleting cookies
(cross-post added to Vista General)
"Coach88" <Coach88@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to keep some usefull cookies while deleting harmfull or unwanted
> cookies. When I go in Internet options, delete cookies it deletes all
> cookies. If I view the temporary internet files, some cookies are missing
> therefore I can't effectively clean them out. I'm running Vista and IE 7.

Somebody recently indicated that toggling Protected Mode off
enabled them to see more temporary files. I don't use Vista, so I don't know
if that makes sense or not. However, I have been given the idea that
there is now more than one TIF, so perhaps there is at least a second
collection of Cookies to go with those too?

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...28b&sloc=en-us

<quote>
Eureka! There they were--all the cookies and Temp files from the sites I had just visited.
</quote>

So, how do you know that "some cookies are missing"?
One way would be to have been monitoring their use using ProcMon
but then you would know where they were coming from too. ; }

BTW if you can find the Cookies but can't figure out how to see them
using the TIF Viewer, AFAIK deleting Cookies (.txt files) from a cmd window
is possible. The only "issue" with it would be that the folder's index.dat
wouldn't be updated accordingly. But if you were just going to be revisiting
the same site soon again anyway such inconsistencies would soon be fixed.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Paul Montgomery

Re: selectively deleting cookies
On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 19:35:34 -0400, "Robert Aldwinckle"
<robald@techemail.com> wrote:

>Somebody recently indicated that toggling Protected Mode off
>enabled them to see more temporary files. I don't use Vista, so I don't know
>if that makes sense or not.

It doesn't make sense, but it's true. Just another reason I disabled
the UAC service.
Mick Murphy

Re: selectively deleting cookies
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/iecookies.html

I've already posted this to your thread in IE Newsgroup???
It is XP and vista compatible!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> (cross-post added to Vista General)
> "Coach88" <Coach88@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I want to keep some usefull cookies while deleting harmfull or unwanted
> > cookies. When I go in Internet options, delete cookies it deletes all
> > cookies. If I view the temporary internet files, some cookies are missing
> > therefore I can't effectively clean them out. I'm running Vista and IE 7.

> Somebody recently indicated that toggling Protected Mode off
> enabled them to see more temporary files. I don't use Vista, so I don't know
> if that makes sense or not. However, I have been given the idea that
> there is now more than one TIF, so perhaps there is at least a second
> collection of Cookies to go with those too?
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...28b&sloc=en-us
>
> <quote>
> Eureka! There they were--all the cookies and Temp files from the sites I had just visited.
> </quote>
>

> So, how do you know that "some cookies are missing"?
> One way would be to have been monitoring their use using ProcMon
> but then you would know where they were coming from too. ; }
>
> BTW if you can find the Cookies but can't figure out how to see them
> using the TIF Viewer, AFAIK deleting Cookies (.txt files) from a cmd window
> is possible. The only "issue" with it would be that the folder's index.dat
> wouldn't be updated accordingly. But if you were just going to be revisiting
> the same site soon again anyway such inconsistencies would soon be fixed.
>

> Good luck
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---

Re: selectively deleting cookies