Internet Explorer not connecting

Sammy

Internet Explorer not connecting
I use Mozilla/Firefox for internet service. I cannot update things without
IE. I installed a new version of IE and it will not connect. I can use the
internet fine with Firefox. I have done the diagnostic for IE and it says it
is fine. No pages will load and keeps saying there is no connection.
Leonard Grey

Re: Internet Explorer not connecting
What exactly is your question about Internet Explorer?

When you respond, please be sure to indicate what version of Internet
Explorer you are using, and what version of Windows you have, including
the service pack. Please note that IE 8 is experimental software that
has not been released.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Sammy wrote:
> I use Mozilla/Firefox for internet service. I cannot update things without
> IE. I installed a new version of IE and it will not connect. I can use the
> internet fine with Firefox. I have done the diagnostic for IE and it says it
> is fine. No pages will load and keeps saying there is no connection.

Re: Internet Explorer not connecting
Full Windows version? Current IE version?

Sammy wrote:
> I use Mozilla/Firefox for internet service. I cannot update things
> without
> IE. I installed a new version of IE and it will not connect. I can use
> the
> internet fine with Firefox. I have done the diagnostic for IE and it says
> it is fine. No pages will load and keeps saying there is no connection.

Sammy

Re: Internet Explorer not connecting

I have XP SP 2 and I downloaded IE 7. I have not used my IE in a few years
and I upgraded a few months ago to install some updates for Windows or
office. It did not respond then and I gave up. Now I have a new monitor
that needs to log on solely by IE. I cannot install my monitor software
because of this problem.
I uninstalled the software and reinstalled it a few times, but it still
comes up with a message saying I cannot get onto the internet. The
diagnostic says everything is fine and I am on with Mozzilla.
Please help. Thanks. My monitor is blurry and I need to fix it ASAP.
"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> What exactly is your question about Internet Explorer?
>
> When you respond, please be sure to indicate what version of Internet
> Explorer you are using, and what version of Windows you have, including
> the service pack. Please note that IE 8 is experimental software that
> has not been released.
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Sammy wrote:
> > I use Mozilla/Firefox for internet service. I cannot update things without
> > IE. I installed a new version of IE and it will not connect. I can use the
> > internet fine with Firefox. I have done the diagnostic for IE and it says it
> > is fine. No pages will load and keeps saying there is no connection.

Sammy

Re: Internet Explorer not connecting

Windows XP and IE 7
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Full Windows version? Current IE version?
>
> Sammy wrote:
> > I use Mozilla/Firefox for internet service. I cannot update things
> > without
> > IE. I installed a new version of IE and it will not connect. I can use
> > the
> > internet fine with Firefox. I have done the diagnostic for IE and it says
> > it is fine. No pages will load and keeps saying there is no connection.

Re: Internet Explorer not connecting
> ...I upgraded a few months ago to install some updates for Windows or
> office. It did not respond then and I gave up.

1. Does this behavior persist if you start IE7 in No Add-ons mode? To start
IE7 in No Add-ons mode:

Right-click on the blue IE desktop icon and select Start without Add-ons; or

Start > (All) Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No
add-ons).

2. Does the problem persist if you Reset IE7 Settings (RIES)?

3. If you uninstall (a) IE7 *exactly* per the link below (which
automatically returns you to IE6), (b) all toolbars and (c) all third-party
Windows Themes (including Window Blinds) and do NOT reinstall IE7, does this
behavior persist? If it does, do NOT reinstall IE7.

Uninstalling IE7
http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html
[Only use the Command %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe if you cannot
uninstall via Add/Remove Programs!]

IE7 (Un)Installation and Anti-Malware Applications:

4. Required reading IMHO before reinstalling IE7:

Sandi's Installation Tips <= Steps #1-8, #10 & #11; take note of #12, then
STOP

I strongly recommend using
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow.../getitnow.mspx as the

Direct Download link:

Tip: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it.

5. Make *certain* that you check in at Windows Update immediately after
reinstalling IE7 to install any critical updates offered. If Optional
Updates category offers Root Certificates update, I recommend installing it
to take full advantage of IE7's additional security.

====================

IMPORTANT! => IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Sammy wrote:
> Windows XP and IE 7

<paste>
> I have XP SP 2 and I downloaded IE 7. I have not used my IE in a few
> years
> and I upgraded a few months ago to install some updates for Windows or
> office. It did not respond then and I gave up. Now I have a new monitor
> that needs to log on solely by IE. I cannot install my monitor software
> because of this problem.
> I uninstalled the software and reinstalled it a few times, but it still
> comes up with a message saying I cannot get onto the internet. The
> diagnostic says everything is fine and I am on with Mozzilla.

</paste>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Full Windows version? Current IE version?
>>
>> Sammy wrote:
>>> I use Mozilla/Firefox for internet service. I cannot update things
>>> without
>>> IE. I installed a new version of IE and it will not connect. I can use
>>> the
>>> internet fine with Firefox. I have done the diagnostic for IE and it
>>> says
>>> it is fine. No pages will load and keeps saying there is no connection.

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"Sammy" <Sammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I have XP SP 2 and I downloaded IE 7. I have not used my IE in a few
> years
> and I upgraded a few months ago to install some updates for Windows or
> office. It did not respond then and I gave up. Now I have a new monitor
> that needs to log on solely by IE. I cannot install my monitor software
> because of this problem.
> I uninstalled the software and reinstalled it a few times, but it still
> comes up with a message saying I cannot get onto the internet. The
> diagnostic says everything is fine and I am on with Mozzilla.
> Please help. Thanks. My monitor is blurry and I need to fix it ASAP.
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> What exactly is your question about Internet Explorer?
>>
>> When you respond, please be sure to indicate what version of Internet
>> Explorer you are using, and what version of Windows you have, including
>> the service pack. Please note that IE 8 is experimental software that
>> has not been released.
>>
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Sammy wrote:
>> > I use Mozilla/Firefox for internet service. I cannot update things
>> > without
>> > IE. I installed a new version of IE and it will not connect. I can
>> > use the
>> > internet fine with Firefox. I have done the diagnostic for IE and it
>> > says it
>> > is fine. No pages will load and keeps saying there is no connection.

Press WinKey+R, type
iexplore -extoff
and press Enter. Does that start IE?

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Gordon

> Windows XP and IE 7

You don't need to use IE for updates. Install the IETab extension in
Firefox....

lorandscot

"lorandscot" <lorandscot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" wrote:
>
>> "Sammy" <Sammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > I have XP SP 2 and I downloaded IE 7. I have not used my IE in a few
>> > years
>> > and I upgraded a few months ago to install some updates for Windows or
>> > office. It did not respond then and I gave up. Now I have a new
>> > monitor
>> > that needs to log on solely by IE. I cannot install my monitor
>> > software
>> > because of this problem.
>> > I uninstalled the software and reinstalled it a few times, but it still
>> > comes up with a message saying I cannot get onto the internet. The
>> > diagnostic says everything is fine and I am on with Mozzilla.
>> > Please help. Thanks. My monitor is blurry and I need to fix it ASAP.

>> Press WinKey+R, type
>> iexplore -extoff
>> and press Enter. Does that start IE?
>>
>> --
>> Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
>> Do not reply with email
>>
>> What is WinKey+R ? I would like to try that too.

You hold down the Windows key (the one with the flag) while you press R.