Mass save favorites and email

ak

Mass save favorites and email
I need to do a massive cleanup of this machine which will wipe alot of info I
must save. Haven't been able to find how to do a mass save elsewhere.
Saving one by one will take too much time. IE7 XPMedia. Thanks
--
ak
Leonard Grey

Re: Mass save favorites and email
To backup your Favorites: File > Import and Export

To backup your e-mail: Ask in a newsgroup for your e-mail program.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

ak wrote:
> I need to do a massive cleanup of this machine which will wipe alot of info I
> must save. Haven't been able to find how to do a mass save elsewhere.
> Saving one by one will take too much time. IE7 XPMedia. Thanks

ak

Re: Mass save favorites and email
LGrey;
I'm sorry. But you seem to think that giving me the name of something that
I know the what, where, when and how whatever it(and me) is supposed be doing
what I want it to be doing.
If people knew what they were supposed to be doing would they be on here
asking questions on how to do stuff?
Not meaning to be critical or condemning here but your response is
essentially an empty promise.
Yes, I did go and try it. Yes, I did use the on screen help.
Ask in a newsgroup. Since going over to Verizon right at the time they're
changing everything I haven't got newsgroup access. And if I do, I don't
know where it is.
--
ak

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> To backup your Favorites: File > Import and Export
>
> To backup your e-mail: Ask in a newsgroup for your e-mail program.
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> ak wrote:
> > I need to do a massive cleanup of this machine which will wipe alot of info I
> > must save. Haven't been able to find how to do a mass save elsewhere.
> > Saving one by one will take too much time. IE7 XPMedia. Thanks

Don Varnau

Re: Mass save favorites and email
Hi,
Why are you doing this massive cleanup?

What are you hoping to save? Is most of your user-created data in My
Documents, as is customary?

Which e-mail program?

Do you have an external hard drive or several USB sticks?

Can the computer write CDs or DVDs?

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"ak" <ak@mstalk.com> wrote in message
> I need to do a massive cleanup of this machine which will wipe alot of

info I
> must save. Haven't been able to find how to do a mass save elsewhere.
> Saving one by one will take too much time. IE7 XPMedia. Thanks
>
> ak

Mick Murphy

Re: Mass save favorites and email
Don't ba a tight-ass. PAY a computer technician!
AND don't complain.
People help here for FREE!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"ak" wrote:

> LGrey;
> I'm sorry. But you seem to think that giving me the name of something that
> I know the what, where, when and how whatever it(and me) is supposed be doing
> what I want it to be doing.
> If people knew what they were supposed to be doing would they be on here
> asking questions on how to do stuff?
> Not meaning to be critical or condemning here but your response is
> essentially an empty promise.
> Yes, I did go and try it. Yes, I did use the on screen help.
> Ask in a newsgroup. Since going over to Verizon right at the time they're
> changing everything I haven't got newsgroup access. And if I do, I don't
> know where it is.
> --
> ak
>

> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
> > To backup your Favorites: File > Import and Export
> >
> > To backup your e-mail: Ask in a newsgroup for your e-mail program.
> >
> > ---
> > Leonard Grey
> > Errare humanum est
> >
> > ak wrote:
> > > I need to do a massive cleanup of this machine which will wipe alot of info I
> > > must save. Haven't been able to find how to do a mass save elsewhere.
> > > Saving one by one will take too much time. IE7 XPMedia. Thanks

ak

Re: Mass save favorites and email
Because I keep being told by this company and that one, the reason my
transactions with them are not going through is because my temporary files
etc. are large and interfering in the process.
I think or at least I thought this was a load but then two weeks ago, time
and again I couldn't get a sale to go through. So I went to the librarys'
computers and the sale went through in seconds. Just this week I tried to
purchase something. I have to purchase something else to use them and I
havent' been able to accomplish either transaction.
So, is there something to history and cookies etc throwing a monkey wrench
into the works?
Oh, I did manage to trip over doing the IE7 history. But emails, both OE and
Yahoo are looking to be a one at a time transfer to....

I have a CD/DVD writer. Getting it to function is a trip too. If it comes
from my hands, the 'electromagnetic personality' of people with fibromyalgia,
then the computer acts as if (1) there is no media in the drive, (2) it's not
formatted, (3) states it can do the function it's been intructed to do.
Thanks,

Thanks
--
ak

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> Why are you doing this massive cleanup?
>
> What are you hoping to save? Is most of your user-created data in My
> Documents, as is customary?
>
> Which e-mail program?
>
> Do you have an external hard drive or several USB sticks?
>
> Can the computer write CDs or DVDs?
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "ak" <ak@mstalk.com> wrote in message
> > I need to do a massive cleanup of this machine which will wipe alot of

> info I
> > must save. Haven't been able to find how to do a mass save elsewhere.
> > Saving one by one will take too much time. IE7 XPMedia. Thanks
> >
> > ak

Leonard Grey

Re: Mass save favorites and email
TIF are too large? That's funny.

Sometimes it's helpful to clear TIF to get the most recent version of a
web page. To do that go to Tools > Internet Options > Geeneral tab >
Browsing history - Delete > Temporary Internet Files - Delete files.

What this has to do with e-mail escapes me.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

ak wrote:
> Because I keep being told by this company and that one, the reason my
> transactions with them are not going through is because my temporary files
> etc. are large and interfering in the process.
> I think or at least I thought this was a load but then two weeks ago, time
> and again I couldn't get a sale to go through. So I went to the librarys'
> computers and the sale went through in seconds. Just this week I tried to
> purchase something. I have to purchase something else to use them and I
> havent' been able to accomplish either transaction.
> So, is there something to history and cookies etc throwing a monkey wrench
> into the works?
> Oh, I did manage to trip over doing the IE7 history. But emails, both OE and
> Yahoo are looking to be a one at a time transfer to....
>
> I have a CD/DVD writer. Getting it to function is a trip too. If it comes
> from my hands, the 'electromagnetic personality' of people with fibromyalgia,
> then the computer acts as if (1) there is no media in the drive, (2) it's not
> formatted, (3) states it can do the function it's been intructed to do.
> Thanks,
>

> Thanks

Don Varnau

Re: Mass save favorites and email
Hi,
Clearing the Temporary Internet Files is certainly worth a try.

Online shopping can't work properly if your cookie settings are too
restrictive. Check that at Internet Options> Privacy. Try a setting of Low
or Accept All. Selectively deleting existing cookies from problematic sites
or simply clearing all cookies would be another good step to take.

You may also have a third-party program blocking/managing cookies. Check
third-party programs to see if one of them is doing this.

The History folder is probably not involved in this issue, but clearing the
History won't hurt and might help.

At what point in the online shopping process does the process fail?

> Because I keep being told by this company and that one, the reason my
> transactions with them are not going through is because my temporary files
> etc. are large and interfering in the process.
> I think or at least I thought this was a load but then two weeks ago, time
> and again I couldn't get a sale to go through. So I went to the librarys'
> computers and the sale went through in seconds. Just this week I tried

> purchase something. I have to purchase something else to use them and I
> havent' been able to accomplish either transaction.
> So, is there something to history and cookies etc throwing a monkey wrench
> into the works?
> Oh, I did manage to trip over doing the IE7 history. But emails, both OE

and
> Yahoo are looking to be a one at a time transfer to....
>
> I have a CD/DVD writer. Getting it to function is a trip too. If it

comes
> from my hands, the 'electromagnetic personality' of people with

fibromyalgia,
> then the computer acts as if (1) there is no media in the drive, (2) it's

not
> formatted, (3) states it can do the function it's been intructed to do.
> Thanks,
>
> Thanks
>
> ak

> "Don Varnau" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Why are you doing this massive cleanup?
> >
> > What are you hoping to save? Is most of your user-created data in My
> > Documents, as is customary?
> >
> > Which e-mail program?
> >
> > Do you have an external hard drive or several USB sticks?
> >
> > Can the computer write CDs or DVDs?

> > "ak" <ak@mstalk.com> wrote in message
> > > I need to do a massive cleanup of this machine which will wipe alot of

> > info I
> > > must save. Haven't been able to find how to do a mass save elsewhere.
> > > Saving one by one will take too much time. IE7 XPMedia. Thanks
> > >
> > > ak

ak

Re: Mass save favorites and email
Keep a civil tongue in your head or remain silent
--
ak