Internet Explorer 7 does not work

eric

Internet Explorer 7 does not work
When I click the icon for internet explore, it loads and then freezes.
However, if I load it without add-ons, it works? how do I fix this?
Kayman

Re: Internet Explorer 7 does not work
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 22:06:33 -0700, eric wrote:

> When I click the icon for internet explore, it loads and then freezes.
> However, if I load it without add-ons, it works? how do I fix this?

You've got to find out *which* add-on causes the trouble.
Re-load all add-ons.
Then go to Tools ==> Manage Add-ons and disable browser extensions *one at
a time* until the problem disappears.

Good luck
Kayman

Re: Internet Explorer 7 does not work
On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 22:06:33 -0700, eric wrote:

> When I click the icon for internet explore, it loads and then freezes.
> However, if I load it without add-ons, it works? how do I fix this?

You've got to find out *which* add-on causes the trouble.
Re-load all add-ons.
Then go to Tools ==> Manage Add-ons and disable browser extensions *one at
a time* until the problem disappears.

Good luck
Leonard Grey

Re: Internet Explorer 7 does not work
Use the Manage Add-ons tool to determine which add-on is causing the
problem:

1- Tools > Manage Add-ons > Enable or Disable Add-ons.

2- In the Show box, select 'Add-ons that have been used by Internet
Explorer' to display all add-ons that are installed on the computer. For
each item in this list, select the add-on, and then click Disable under
Settings. When you have disabled all the items in this list, click OK.

3- Exit and then restart Internet Explorer 7. Go to Tools > point to
Manage Add-ons > click Enable or Disable Add-ons. Now enable a single
add-on, then exit and restart Internet Explorer 7 to see if it works
properly. Repeat until you determine which add-on causes the problem to
occur.

Once you've located the troublemaking add-on(s) ask the vendor's
technical support for help.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

eric wrote:
> When I click the icon for internet explore, it loads and then freezes.
> However, if I load it without add-ons, it works? how do I fix this?

Gordon

"Kayman" <kaymanDeleteThis@operamail.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 22:06:33 -0700, eric wrote:
>
>> When I click the icon for internet explore, it loads and then freezes.
>> However, if I load it without add-ons, it works? how do I fix this?

> You've got to find out *which* add-on causes the trouble.
> Re-load all add-ons.
> Then go to Tools ==> Manage Add-ons and disable browser extensions *one at
> a time* until the problem disappears.
>
> Good luck

Umm no. Disable all add-ons and add them back one by one....

Michel Merlin

IE7 itself fails, not its add-ons
The work you are prescribing to users is unfeasible (because unreasonably long); I guess you never did it. It implies a lot of time, because you will have to do it all the long, since none of the add-ons will appear as the culprit... because the culprit is most often IE (bad management of scripts, videos and sounds) and Windows (bad management of priorities and of failures in browser and apps).

I think MS staff, volunteers, lovers, should spend less energy denying the obvious, and more curing it - first curing the flaws in IE7 (hope that may happen in IE8...), otherwise gates may be open for a next competing OS and browser (new ones, better than old horses as FF or Safari or Opera).

Versailles, Thu 31 Jul 2008 23:37:20 +0200

----- Parent Message (links are clickable) -----

When I click the icon for internet explore, it loads and then freezes.
However, if I load it without add-ons, it works? how do I fix this?
Gordon

Re: IE7 itself fails, not its add-ons
"Michel Merlin" <michel.merlin@laposte.net> wrote in message
>The work you are prescribing to users is unfeasible (because unreasonably
>long); I guess you never did it. It implies a lot of time, because you will
>have to do it all the long, since none of >the add-ons will appear as the
>culprit... because the culprit is most often IE (bad management of scripts,
>videos and sounds) and Windows (bad management of priorities and of
>failures in >browser and apps).

>I think MS staff, volunteers, lovers, should spend less energy denying the
>obvious, and more curing it - first curing the flaws in IE7 (hope that may
>happen in IE8...), otherwise gates may be >open for a next competing OS and
>browser (new ones, better than old horses as FF or Safari or Opera).

Sorry? How can Microsoft be held responsible for bad THIRD-PARTY add-ins?
Get real.

Michel Merlin

Windows is unable to properly manage 3rd-party apps, add-ons, and other components
Windows is not responsible for the 3rd-party apps or add-ons themselves, but Windows IS responsible for handling those 3rd-party components, managing their priorities, and above all, for finding which of them are causing problems, closing them properly without impacting the others, and at least, reporting accurately to user.

In facts Windows not only is unable to tell the user which component is culprit, but MS (staff, MVPs or other "volunteers", aficionados) implies *before knowing anything of it* that 3rd-party were culprits - while user finally finds (after doing himself a lot of work for which he had paid MS) that there is no fault in those 3rd-party, but there are big ones in Windows, IE, and Task Manager.

I could elaborate but this would be useful if meeting some intend to *improve* the situation.

Versailles, Fri 1 Aug 2008 12:34:55 +0200

[...]

Re: Windows is unable to properly manage 3rd-party apps, add-ons, and other components
On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 12:34:55 +0200, Michel Merlin wrote:

> Windows is not responsible for the 3rd-party apps or add-ons themselves, but Windows IS responsible for handling those 3rd-party components, managing their priorities, and above all, for finding which of them are causing problems, closing them properly without impacting the others, and at least, reporting accurately to user.
>
> In facts Windows not only is unable to tell the user which component is culprit, but MS (staff, MVPs or other "volunteers", aficionados) implies *before knowing anything of it* that 3rd-party were culprits - while user finally finds (after doing himself a lot of work for which he had paid MS) that there is no fault in those 3rd-party, but there are big ones in Windows, IE, and Task Manager.
>
> I could elaborate but this would be useful if meeting some intend to *improve* the situation.
>
> Versailles, Fri 1 Aug 2008 12:34:55 +0200
>

> ----- Parent Message (links are clickable) -----

So, if you were to replace the radio in your Porsche and the radio does not
work to your satisfaction you'd blame Porsche.
Michel Merlin

Could you stop polluting whatever I post please
You are intentionally polluting the thread because I am taking part of it. I don't blame you personally, you are obviously just part of the organized coordinated pollution against me that starts whatever, wherever, however, whenever I post. I can't reply each time, this is just an example:

You *intentionally* read me wrong: my 1st phrase was "Windows is not responsible for the 3rd-party apps or add-ons themselves". So, what I *explicitly* wrote is, if my (your-assumed) Porsche :-) stopped driving after my radio failed to tune on my favorite FM station, I would call Porsche to fix it. And following your (questionable) analogy I add today: the difference with Microsoft (staff and "volunteers" included) is that Porsche would likely agree and spend time and efforts curing the problem instead of denying it and trying to ridicule its customer.

Versailles, Fri 1 Aug 2008 18:12:20 +0200