Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Must Right-Click Rotating Ads To Open

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2008
HMT
 

Posts: n/a
Must Right-Click Rotating Ads To Open
I have WinXP SP-2 and IE 7.0. To open rotating picture ads on a web page I
must right-click and select Open Link. If I left click, nothing happens. This
behavior is consistent at several websites I've tried. These same websites
also had non-rotating picture ads that open with left click OK. Is this
normal?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2008
rob^_^
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Must Right-Click Rotating Ads To Open
Hi HMT,

They could be Flash animations which have disabled the right-click context
menu. Which sites?

Regards.

"HMT" <HMT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:30E9074D-69D7-4E19-9CD1-CD0B27B7B001@microsoft.com...
> I have WinXP SP-2 and IE 7.0. To open rotating picture ads on a web page I
> must right-click and select Open Link. If I left click, nothing happens.
> This
> behavior is consistent at several websites I've tried. These same websites
> also had non-rotating picture ads that open with left click OK. Is this
> normal?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2008
HMT
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Must Right-Click Rotating Ads To Open
Hi rob,

Here's one example: http://www.hobbylobby.com/
The rotating image is the upper left where I have to right-click. The other
images I can just left-click.

Here's another example: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/
The rotating image is in the upper left column with the "Click Here" button.

Thanks,

HMT

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi HMT,
>
> They could be Flash animations which have disabled the right-click context
> menu. Which sites?
>
> Regards.
>
> "HMT" <HMT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:30E9074D-69D7-4E19-9CD1-CD0B27B7B001@microsoft.com...
> > I have WinXP SP-2 and IE 7.0. To open rotating picture ads on a web page I
> > must right-click and select Open Link. If I left click, nothing happens.
> > This
> > behavior is consistent at several websites I've tried. These same websites
> > also had non-rotating picture ads that open with left click OK. Is this
> > normal?

>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2008
rob^_^
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Must Right-Click Rotating Ads To Open
Hi HMT,

That’s better. I can see their code now and see what is happening.

Here is the code behind the first image that you cannot click....

<A onmouseover="bannerAd0.showStatus(); return true"
onmouseout="status='';return true" href="javascript:bannerAd0.link();"><IMG
height=389 alt="HL ADS" src="http://www.hobbylobby.com/adimages/31ad3.jpg"
width=393 border=0 name=bannerAd0Img></A>
..... it is using Javascript...

Here is code behind an image that you can click

<A href="http://www.hobbylobby.com/site3/scrapping/"><IMG
style="BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE:
none; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none" height=118 alt="scrapbooking ideas"
src="http://www.hobbylobby.com/images/scrapbooking_july.jpg" width=319
border=0></A>
.... this does not use Javascript.


You need to enable Active Scripting so IE can run the Javascript.

Tools>Internet Options - Security tab, Internet Zone.... Custom level...
button. Scroll down the list and find "Active Scripting" and select
"Enable".

Regards.




"HMT" <HMT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E2C09280-0900-475E-967A-DF426F345D61@microsoft.com...
> Hi rob,
>
> Here's one example: http://www.hobbylobby.com/
> The rotating image is the upper left where I have to right-click. The
> other
> images I can just left-click.
>
> Here's another example: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/
> The rotating image is in the upper left column with the "Click Here"
> button.
>
> Thanks,
>
> HMT
>
> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
>> Hi HMT,
>>
>> They could be Flash animations which have disabled the right-click
>> context
>> menu. Which sites?
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "HMT" <HMT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:30E9074D-69D7-4E19-9CD1-CD0B27B7B001@microsoft.com...
>> > I have WinXP SP-2 and IE 7.0. To open rotating picture ads on a web
>> > page I
>> > must right-click and select Open Link. If I left click, nothing
>> > happens.
>> > This
>> > behavior is consistent at several websites I've tried. These same
>> > websites
>> > also had non-rotating picture ads that open with left click OK. Is this
>> > normal?

>>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2008
HMT
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Must Right-Click Rotating Ads To Open
Rob,

I checked and Java Active Scripting was already enabled. - Must be something
else.

HMT

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi HMT,
>
> That’s better. I can see their code now and see what is happening.
>
> Here is the code behind the first image that you cannot click....
>
> <A onmouseover="bannerAd0.showStatus(); return true"
> onmouseout="status='';return true" href="javascript:bannerAd0.link();"><IMG
> height=389 alt="HL ADS" src="http://www.hobbylobby.com/adimages/31ad3.jpg"
> width=393 border=0 name=bannerAd0Img></A>
> .... it is using Javascript...
>
> Here is code behind an image that you can click
>
> <A href="http://www.hobbylobby.com/site3/scrapping/"><IMG
> style="BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE:
> none; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none" height=118 alt="scrapbooking ideas"
> src="http://www.hobbylobby.com/images/scrapbooking_july.jpg" width=319
> border=0></A>
> ... this does not use Javascript.
>
>
> You need to enable Active Scripting so IE can run the Javascript.
>
> Tools>Internet Options - Security tab, Internet Zone.... Custom level...
> button. Scroll down the list and find "Active Scripting" and select
> "Enable".
>
> Regards.
>
>
>
>
> "HMT" <HMT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:E2C09280-0900-475E-967A-DF426F345D61@microsoft.com...
> > Hi rob,
> >
> > Here's one example: http://www.hobbylobby.com/
> > The rotating image is the upper left where I have to right-click. The
> > other
> > images I can just left-click.
> >
> > Here's another example: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/
> > The rotating image is in the upper left column with the "Click Here"
> > button.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > HMT
> >
> > "rob^_^" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi HMT,
> >>
> >> They could be Flash animations which have disabled the right-click
> >> context
> >> menu. Which sites?
> >>
> >> Regards.
> >>
> >> "HMT" <HMT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:30E9074D-69D7-4E19-9CD1-CD0B27B7B001@microsoft.com...
> >> > I have WinXP SP-2 and IE 7.0. To open rotating picture ads on a web
> >> > page I
> >> > must right-click and select Open Link. If I left click, nothing
> >> > happens.
> >> > This
> >> > behavior is consistent at several websites I've tried. These same
> >> > websites
> >> > also had non-rotating picture ads that open with left click OK. Is this
> >> > normal?
> >>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tab Right-Click Open In New Window Steven K. Mariner microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 0 07-23-2008 18:01
What do I click to OPEN to INBOX? Ciao microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 3 05-20-2008 08:43
Drop down window upon right click of desk top "Open" will not open George Rueff microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 12-16-2007 16:24
Right-click menu's Open IME and Unicode =?Utf-8?B?TGVhV2Vz?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 03-01-2007 08:00
Right click/open diff windows =?Utf-8?B?a2FybDIxMw==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 02-26-2007 02:59




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:06.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120