Not designers fault or responsibility

Becky

Not designers fault or responsibility
It's should not be the web developers who should be forced t write weeks of
css code for each browser. Microsoft should be force to follow the standards
of w3.org, which they do not.

Due to all the hard work and stress, loss of income, ect.. put on the web
developers becuase of IE non-compliance, a major lawsuit should be started to
gain back losses.
rob^_^

Re: Not designers fault or responsibility
Hi Becky,

Can you name a browser (and version) which is fully W3C CSS 2.1 compliant. I
have tested them all with the CSS 2.1 test suite and the IE test sutie, none
pass 100% of the tests.

Tip: apportion your development efforts in proportion to the browser usage
of your target market (see thecounter.com). KISS and expect the SDLC to be
an on-going process as your target market and web standards change. Charge
your clients for your time, not by fixed estimates that leave you short
changed.

Boiler plate templates will save you heaps of development time.

Regards.

"Becky" <Becky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It's should not be the web developers who should be forced t write weeks
> of
> css code for each browser. Microsoft should be force to follow the
> standards
> of w3.org, which they do not.
>
> Due to all the hard work and stress, loss of income, ect.. put on the web
> developers becuase of IE non-compliance, a major lawsuit should be started
> gain back losses.

Re: Not designers fault or responsibility
You'll just LOVE IE8 then!

Becky wrote:
> It's should not be the web developers who should be forced t write weeks
> of
> css code for each browser. Microsoft should be force to follow the
> standards
> of w3.org, which they do not.
>
> Due to all the hard work and stress, loss of income, ect.. put on the web
> developers becuase of IE non-compliance, a major lawsuit should be started
> to gain back losses.

rob^_^

Re: Not designers fault or responsibility
Yes, buy the time us Testers have finished roasting the Team.