Curious Behavior with IE 7 Browsing history auto fill

treydur@gmail.com

Curious Behavior with IE 7 Browsing history auto fill
not sure the correct language to describe this, but it is very
annoying. I use crags list alot.....always looking for deals.

normally i type in a word such as couch then look at all the listings
in my area. i used to be able to click on ad then hit back and see
that ads link change color so that i could tell i had 'hit' that link,
so that i did not waste time clicking on it again.

now it does not do this. What is even stranger is that it apparently
stopped doing this on or about July 9th as I can see the old links i
had clicked on with this method.

secondly, it does not appear to hang on to history long at all, by
that i mean, google is my home page, i used to be able to type in
couch and days later if i typed in c-o ...it would auto-fill the
remainder of the word in. the same with address bar, after as short a
period as one day mail.yahoo.com does not auto fill in browser address
line for instance.

obviously I have changed something, but i cannot figure out what it
is. I have looked closely at at the tools->options to no avail

any help much appreciated.
rob^_^

Re: Curious Behavior with IE 7 Browsing history auto fill
Hi treydur,

Craigs list works fine for me at http://seattle.craigslist.org/hhh/

Craigs' list is continually updating their web sites (they have sub webs for
each city/location), and auto-complete uses a combination of web site
address and form name to store auto-complete entries for web pages.

Check Tools>Internet Options - General tab, Colors button to see if you have
set the visited and un-visited link colors to the same value. Web sites can
also style link colors.

Regards.