Possible defect in Ex 7

philbox

Possible defect in Ex 7
Hi

Don't know if anyone can help on this but I recently downloaded and
installed newest version.
But in 6 when I would click on "Favorites" and scroll to the bottom and
clcik a lower saved website.
Then if I wanted another saved website that was down at the bottom I clicked
on favorites and it would open up at the bottom of my saved favorites in the
same place I just was.
Now with the "new and (not so) improved after scrolling to the bottom and
then repeating that step it starts at the top of my favoites and I have to
scroll down to the bottom all over again and every time.
Amy I missing something??
HELP!
I want 6 back!
Leonard Grey

Re: Possible defect in Ex 7
Tools > Menu Bar and use the Favorites menu

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

philbox wrote:
> Hi
>
> Don't know if anyone can help on this but I recently downloaded and
> installed newest version.
> But in 6 when I would click on "Favorites" and scroll to the bottom and
> clcik a lower saved website.
> Then if I wanted another saved website that was down at the bottom I clicked
> on favorites and it would open up at the bottom of my saved favorites in the
> same place I just was.
> Now with the "new and (not so) improved after scrolling to the bottom and
> then repeating that step it starts at the top of my favoites and I have to
> scroll down to the bottom all over again and every time.
> Amy I missing something??
> HELP!
> I want 6 back!

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Possible defect in Ex 7
"philbox" <philbox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Don't know if anyone can help on this but I recently downloaded and
> installed newest version.
> But in 6 when I would click on "Favorites" and scroll to the bottom and
> clcik a lower saved website.
> Then if I wanted another saved website that was down at the bottom I clicked
> on favorites and it would open up at the bottom of my saved favorites in the
> same place I just was.

It may help to know if the first Favorite is in a subfolder
and if you have set the (Advanced tab, Browsing section) option
Close unused folders in History and Favorites*
*Takes effect after you restart Internet Explorer

or if you are trying to use the Favorites Center (Alt-c) without pinning it first.

> Now with the "new and (not so) improved after scrolling to the bottom and
> then repeating that step it starts at the top of my favoites and I have to
> scroll down to the bottom all over again and every time.
> Amy I missing something??

I agree with Leonard, if it is at the bottom the simplest thing to do is
press Alt-a,CursorUp and you will see the Favorites menu open
at the bottom.

Alternatively, to pin the Favorites Center with the Favorites bar open
press Ctrl-Shift-I

Hmm... if it is the Favorites bar you are trying to use you can't use
the CursorUp trick but you can scroll quickly to the bottom, whether
pinned or unpinned using the End key.

> HELP!
> I want 6 back!

FWIW I just tried using the unpinned Favorites bar (Ctrl-i) pressing End,
using an item down there and then repeating that procedure: it was unnecessary
to press End again, the Favorites bar reopened where I had left it. YMMV.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---