Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

IE7 crashes

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-27-2008
species8350
 

Posts: n/a
IE7 crashes
Hi,

Whe I open a new window in IE, do some work, then close this window,
then IE crashes.

Any idea what the problem might be, and how to cure it.

Thanks

ps. working with the single initial window gives no problem.

OS is Vista
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-27-2008
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE7 crashes
"species8350" <not_here.5.species8350@xoxy.net> wrote in message
news:c8746c4a-3074-475d-9a76-c8f528d45686@k30g2000hse.googlegroups.com...
> Hi,
>
> Whe I open a new window in IE, do some work, then close this window,
> then IE crashes.
>
> Any idea what the problem might be, and how to cure it.
>
> Thanks
>
> ps. working with the single initial window gives no problem.
>
> OS is Vista


Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these
Web pages.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/...moving_Malware
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/darnit.html
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm

Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
For quite a few people it's by installing programs like Messenger Plus,
whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince
you that you owe it to the author. See also:
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=27971
Don't ever do a "default" install of anything. Always choose Custom and see
what else is being carried along. Don't install any extras you're not sure
of.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-27-2008
species8350
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE7 crashes
On Jul 27, 11:50*am, "Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM"
<franksaund...@mvps.org> wrote:
> "species8350" <not_here.5.species8...@xoxy.net> wrote in message
>
> news:c8746c4a-3074-475d-9a76-c8f528d45686@k30g2000hse.googlegroups.com...
>
> > Hi,

>
> > Whe I open a new window in IE, do some work, then close this window,
> > then IE crashes.

>
> > Any idea what the problem might be, and how to cure it.

>
> > Thanks

>
> > ps. working with the single initial window gives no problem.

>
> > OS is Vista

>
> Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these
> Web pages.
> Help with malware:
> All *MS-MVP Sites.http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htmhttp:...re_Defence.htm
>
> Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315
>
> So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
> For quite a few people it's by installing programs like Messenger Plus,
> whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince
> you that you owe it to the author. *See also:http://www.wilderssecurity..com/showthread.php?t=27971
> Don't ever do a "default" install of anything. *Always choose Custom and see
> what else is being carried along. *Don't install any extras you're not sure
> of.
>
> --
> Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
> Do not reply with email


Thanks for responding.

It appears that my system is clean.

I have noticed that if I am working offline and have two IE windows
active, if I close the tab of one of the windows from the dropdown
menu, then IE does not crash.

But if I am working on-line and repaet this. then IE will crash.

Does this observation offer a clue to the problem?

Best wishes.

Sp.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: IE7 crashes, Google search crashes Robert Aldwinckle microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 0 08-09-2008 19:25
DWM.exe crashes with UAC Matt microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 12-12-2007 17:21
crashes =?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQmlseWs=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 04-05-2007 19:36
WMP Crashes =?Utf-8?B?ZmZudXQ=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 04-05-2007 17:36
RDP crashes =?Utf-8?B?Sm9hbyBQZWRybw==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 03-01-2007 03:04




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 21:59.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120