Error message on Vista Windows Live Calendar beta

blackpatch

Error message on Vista Windows Live Calendar beta
For the last week or so i've been having problems with the above calendar.
Despite saving my username and password, each time i tried to sign into
Windows Live Calendar beta,it prompts me for my username and password. I type
in the correct details, only to be informed they are wrong and to type in the
correct details. I type in the same details and hey presto, I see the
calendar. But today things got worse and instead of seeing the calendar,
internet explorer displays the error message, "Internet Explorer is unable to
open Web page..............."It then tries over and over to open the page,
each time in a different window. I've got good antivirus and malware
protection on my pc, so think this must be a corruption problem. Any thoughts
would be appreciated.
Leonard Grey

Re: Error message on Vista Windows Live Calendar beta
You do understand what 'beta' means, right?

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

blackpatch wrote:
> For the last week or so i've been having problems with the above calendar.
> Despite saving my username and password, each time i tried to sign into
> Windows Live Calendar beta,it prompts me for my username and password. I type
> in the correct details, only to be informed they are wrong and to type in the
> correct details. I type in the same details and hey presto, I see the
> calendar. But today things got worse and instead of seeing the calendar,
> internet explorer displays the error message, "Internet Explorer is unable to
> open Web page..............."It then tries over and over to open the page,
> each time in a different window. I've got good antivirus and malware
> protection on my pc, so think this must be a corruption problem. Any thoughts
> would be appreciated.

Re: Error message on Vista Windows Live Calendar beta
I suspect the Windows Live servers might be suffering from yet another bout
of /agita/, BP.

I don't know of any support newsgroup or forum for WL Calendar but this
newsgroup isn't one of them.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

blackpatch wrote:
> For the last week or so i've been having problems with the above calendar.
> Despite saving my username and password, each time i tried to sign into
> Windows Live Calendar beta,it prompts me for my username and password. I
> type in the correct details, only to be informed they are wrong and to
> type
> in the correct details. I type in the same details and hey presto, I see
> the
> calendar. But today things got worse and instead of seeing the calendar,
> internet explorer displays the error message, "Internet Explorer is unable
> to open Web page..............."It then tries over and over to open the
> page, each time in a different window. I've got good antivirus and malware
> protection on my pc, so think this must be a corruption problem. Any
> thoughts would be appreciated.

blackpatch

RE: Error message on Vista Windows Live Calendar beta
Thanks to microsoft the problem has now ben solved. Heres How.

-Optimize Internet Explorer 7

1. Click Tools then Internet options.

2. On the Internet Options window, under Browsing history, click Delete.

3. Click Delete All, select Also delete files and settings stored by
add-ons and click Yes.

Note: It may take several minutes to delete the files.

4. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Restore advanced settings.

5. Click the Security tab.

6. Click the Internet icon, click Default level if it is available, and
then click Apply. Repeat this step for the Restricted sites and the Trusted
sites zones.

7. Click the Trusted sites icon. Then, click Sites.

8. Click to clear the Require server verification (https for all sites in
this zone check box.

9. In the Add this website to the zone box, type *.hotmail.com and then
click Add. Repeat this step for *.passport.com , for *.live.com , and for
*.msn.com . Then click OK.

10. Click the Privacy tab, and then click Sites.

11. In the Address of website box, type *.hotmail.com and then click Allow.
Repeat this step for *.passport.com , for *.live.com , and for *.msn.com .
Then click OK.

12. Click the Content tab.

13. Click Clear SSL state.

Note: If the Clear SSL State button is unavailable, go to step 14.

14. Click OK.

15. Click the Advanced tab.

16. Click Reset and then click Reset again if you receive the prompt.

17. Click OK.