get rid of this

Internet Explorer 7

get rid of this
http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx comes up as my home page - after
enabling settings several time - even after internet options are set to
msn.com. posted this once and your reply comes up blank!!!!!!

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Re: get rid of this
"Internet Explorer 7" <InternetExplorer7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:0E1EAA2D-9304-41BC-A9E3-F772F2B6C132@microsoft.com...
> http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx comes up as my home page - after
> enabling settings several time - even after internet options are set to
> msn.com. posted this once and your reply comes up blank!!!!!!

Tools | Internet Options | Security
Make sure scripting is not disabled.

If that doesn't fix it, save the part between the lines below and paste into
Notepad. Save as Runonce.reg

---------------------Runonce.reg--------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
"RunOnceHasShown"=dword:00000001
"RunOnceComplete"=dword:00000001

Right click Runonce.reg and choose Merge.

To change all Windows users at once use

---------------------Runonce2.reg--------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
"RunOnceHasShown"=dword:00000001
"RunOnceComplete"=dword:00000001

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Re: get rid of this
A blank Web page is displayed when you start Internet Explorer 7
[ignore the title]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945385
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Internet Explorer 7 wrote:
> http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx comes up as my home page - after
> enabling settings several time - even after internet options are set to
> msn.com. posted this once and your reply comes up blank!!!!!!

fireman

Re: get rid of this

"Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" wrote:

> "Internet Explorer 7" <InternetExplorer7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:0E1EAA2D-9304-41BC-A9E3-F772F2B6C132@microsoft.com...
> > http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx comes up as my home page -
> >

> If that doesn't fix it, save the part between the lines below and paste into
> Notepad. Save as Runonce.reg

Apparntly I do not have a Notepad, so I saved the command in Word. Word
told me that "Skiprunonce.rg" is not valid. I saved "windows registry Deidtor
Version 5.00 " in work. Double left and double right clicked, did not work.
Entered "Ski...." and "Windows Registry...." in the browser, did not work. I
understand now why my internet provider told me getting rid of the MS spam
was almost impossible. I think I would be better to delete IE 7 and go back
to IE 6.
> ---------------------Runonce.reg--------------------
> Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
> "RunOnceHasShown"=dword:00000001
> "RunOnceComplete"=dword:00000001

> Right click Runonce.reg and choose Merge.
>
> To change all Windows users at once use
>
> ---------------------Runonce2.reg--------------------
> Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
> "RunOnceHasShown"=dword:00000001
> "RunOnceComplete"=dword:00000001

fireman

Re: get rid of this

"Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" wrote:

> "Internet Explorer 7" <InternetExplorer7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:0E1EAA2D-9304-41BC-A9E3-F772F2B6C132@microsoft.com...
> > http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx comes up as my home page - after
> > enabling settings several time - even after internet options are set to
> > msn.com. posted this once and your reply comes up blank!!!!!!
> >

> Tools | Internet Options | Security
> Make sure scripting is not disabled.
>
> If that doesn't fix it, save the part between the lines below and paste into
> Notepad. Save as Runonce.reg
>
> ---------------------Runonce.reg--------------------
> Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
> "RunOnceHasShown"=dword:00000001
> "RunOnceComplete"=dword:00000001

> Right click Runonce.reg and choose Merge.
>
> To change all Windows users at once use
>
> ---------------------Runonce2.reg--------------------
> Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
> "RunOnceHasShown"=dword:00000001
> "RunOnceComplete"=dword:00000001

> Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
> Do not reply with email

Re: get rid of this
START | RUN | notepad.exe | OK

"fireman" <fireman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news908832A-E343-47B2-AF03-F2A696A54EAA@microsoft.com...

> "Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" wrote:
>
>> "Internet Explorer 7" <InternetExplorer7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> in
>> message news:0E1EAA2D-9304-41BC-A9E3-F772F2B6C132@microsoft.com...
>> > http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx comes up as my home page -
>> >

>> If that doesn't fix it, save the part between the lines below and paste
>> into
>> Notepad. Save as Runonce.reg

> Apparntly I do not have a Notepad, so I saved the command in Word. Word
> told me that "Skiprunonce.rg" is not valid. I saved "windows registry
> Deidtor
> Version 5.00 " in work. Double left and double right clicked, did not
> work.
> Entered "Ski...." and "Windows Registry...." in the browser, did not work.
> understand now why my internet provider told me getting rid of the MS spam
> was almost impossible. I think I would be better to delete IE 7 and go
> back
> to IE 6.
>> ---------------------Runonce.reg--------------------
>> Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
>>
>> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
>> "RunOnceHasShown"=dword:00000001
>> "RunOnceComplete"=dword:00000001

>> Right click Runonce.reg and choose Merge.
>>
>> To change all Windows users at once use

>> Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
>>
>> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
>> "RunOnceHasShown"=dword:00000001
>> "RunOnceComplete"=dword:00000001

Word puts in too many extraneous and non-ASCII characters. You must use
Notepad, which you DO have on your computer. Also, I have no idea where
"Skiprunonce.rg" came from.