IE7 crash when accessing favorites or click on Links on Vista Home Premium

Arun

IE7 crash when accessing favorites or click on Links on Vista Home Premium
Hi;

Whenever I attempt to click on Links or access favorites on my
Vista Home Premium; my IE7 crash. I do not work on Admin accounts,
and other accounts seems to be working fine.

I have disabled all the plug-ins in my IE7, even then it crash;

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 7.0.6001.18000, time stamp
0x47918f11, faulting module IEFRAME.dll, version 7.0.6001.18000, time stamp
0x4791a6dc, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x001bde10, process id
0x10e8, application start time 0x01c8eec6405fd554.

I have search with error code, but no luck. Hoping that I would get some
help here.
Thanks in advance.

Arun

Re: IE7 crash when accessing favorites or click on Links on Vista Home Premium
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30,
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html, or other appropriate forums for review

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Arun wrote:
> Hi;
>
> Whenever I attempt to click on Links or access favorites on my
> Vista Home Premium; my IE7 crash. I do not work on Admin accounts,
> and other accounts seems to be working fine.
>
> I have disabled all the plug-ins in my IE7, even then it crash;
>
> Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 7.0.6001.18000, time stamp
> 0x47918f11, faulting module IEFRAME.dll, version 7.0.6001.18000, time
> stamp
> 0x4791a6dc, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x001bde10, process id
> 0x10e8, application start time 0x01c8eec6405fd554.
>

> I have search with error code, but no luck. Hoping that I would get some
> help here.
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Arun

Venkat

Re: IE7 crash when accessing favorites or click on Links on Vista
Hi everyone.

I too have the same issue.. I have McAfee & defender running ang no isses
reported. i have 2 GB of RAM and 2 GHZ core 2 duo processor.

Thanks,
Venkat

"Arun" wrote:

> [...]
>
> In fact yesterday my favorites magically came back and worked till today;
> and today it disappeared;
> I am attempting to run some of the tools specified below and post the
> results as and when I progress.
>
> Just a quick question: Will spywares able to effect part of IE7
> functionality like Favorites?? Thanks in advance.
>
> Arun

> > Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315
> >
> > Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis
> > log to an appropriate forum.
> >
> > Checking for/Help with Hijackware
> > http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> > http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
> > http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
> > http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_R...:_Introduction
> > http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> > http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/data/prevention.htm
> > http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/tshoot.html
> > http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm
> > http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/
> > http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/...moving_Malware
> >
> > When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
> > (http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.exe) is the preferred tool to use
> > (in conjuction with some other utilities). HijackThis will NOT fix
> > anything on its own, but it will help you to both identify and remove any
> > hijackware/spyware with assistance from an expert. **Post your log to
> > http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30,
> > http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22,
> > http://castlecops.com/forum67.html, or other appropriate forums for review
> > by an expert in such matters, not here.**
> >
> > If the procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting
> > this isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a local, reputable and
> > independent (i.e., not BigBoxStoreUSA or Geek Squad) computer repair shop.
> >
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002
> > AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> > DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
> >
> > Arun wrote:
> >> Hi;
> >>
> >> Whenever I attempt to click on Links or access favorites on my
> >> Vista Home Premium; my IE7 crash. I do not work on Admin accounts,
> >> and other accounts seems to be working fine.
> >>
> >> I have disabled all the plug-ins in my IE7, even then it crash;
> >>
> >> Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 7.0.6001.18000, time stamp
> >> 0x47918f11, faulting module IEFRAME.dll, version 7.0.6001.18000, time
> >> stamp
> >> 0x4791a6dc, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x001bde10, process
> >> id
> >> 0x10e8, application start time 0x01c8eec6405fd554.
> >>

> >> I have search with error code, but no luck. Hoping that I would get some
> >> help here.
> >> Thanks in advance.
> >>

> >> Arun

Re: IE7 crash when accessing favorites or click on Links on Vista
If you're not running Vista SP1 with NIS installed, you do not have the same
problem.

Venkat wrote:
> I too have the same issue.. I have McAfee & defender running ang no isses
> reported. i have 2 GB of RAM and 2 GHZ core 2 duo processor.
>
>> Thanks for the quick help. I am not sure if this a problem with
>> deceptive
>> software
>>
>> I have Norton Internet Security & Antivirus running
>> Windows Defender software running and detected no spyware on the system
>>
>> In fact yesterday my favorites magically came back and worked till today;
>> and today it disappeared;
>> I am attempting to run some of the tools specified below and post the
>> results as and when I progress.
>>
>> Just a quick question: Will spywares able to effect part of IE7
>> functionality like Favorites?? Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Arun

>>> Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315
>>>
>>> Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting your hijackthis
>>> log to an appropriate forum.
>>>
>>> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
>>> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
>>> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
>>> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
>>> http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_R...:_Introduction
>>> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
>>> http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/data/prevention.htm
>>> http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/tshoot.html
>>> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm
>>> http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/
>>> http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/...moving_Malware
>>>
>>> When all else fails, HijackThis v2.0.2
>>> (http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.exe) is the preferred tool to use
>>> (in conjuction with some other utilities). HijackThis will NOT fix
>>> anything on its own, but it will help you to both identify and remove
>>> any
>>> hijackware/spyware with assistance from an expert. **Post your log to
>>> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30,
>>> http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22,
>>> http://castlecops.com/forum67.html, or other appropriate forums for
>>> review
>>> by an expert in such matters, not here.**
>>>
>>> If the procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting
>>> this isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a local, reputable and
>>> independent (i.e., not BigBoxStoreUSA or Geek Squad) computer repair
>>> shop.
>>>
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

"Venkat" <Venkat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone.
>
> I too have the same issue.. I have McAfee & defender running ang no isses
> reported. i have 2 GB of RAM and 2 GHZ core 2 duo processor.

That's not much proof you don't have malware.

Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these
Web pages.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince
you that you owe it to the author. See also:
of.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
Do not reply with email

Arun

Re: IE7 crash when accessing favorites or click on Links on Vista
Hi;

I can not even import new favorites from firefox; is this also a malware??
If McAfee or Norton does not detect
malware, how the below suggested software do the same?? They have better
detection techniques?

I just checked in other accounts on my computer and IE7 works fine in other
accounts? Can a malware effect only one user on system?
Is Vista security so weak that a simple malwares can inject IE7 and change
its behaviour?

Arun

"Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
> "Venkat" <Venkat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi everyone.
>>
>> I too have the same issue.. I have McAfee & defender running ang no isses
>> reported. i have 2 GB of RAM and 2 GHZ core 2 duo processor.

> That's not much proof you don't have malware.
>
> Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of
> these Web pages.
> Help with malware:
> All MS-MVP Sites.
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/darnit.html
>
> Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315
>
> So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
> For quite a few people it's by installing programs like Messenger Plus,
> whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to
> convince you that you owe it to the author. See also:
> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=27971
> Don't ever do a "default" install of anything. Always choose Custom and
> see what else is being carried along. Don't install any extras you're not
> sure of.
>
> --
> Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
> Do not reply with email

Arun

Re: IE7 crash when accessing favorites or click on Links on Vista
HI;

Are there any suggests other than malware!! This malware suggestion is very
generic and does not address my problem.
I have tried all the tools and no malware detected on my system.

More over other accounts and Admin account works fine, its just my account
IE has problem.

Thanks in Advance

Arun

"Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM" <franksaunders@mvps.org> wrote in message
> "Venkat" <Venkat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi everyone.
>>
>> I too have the same issue.. I have McAfee & defender running ang no isses
>> reported. i have 2 GB of RAM and 2 GHZ core 2 duo processor.

> That's not much proof you don't have malware.
>
> Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of
> these Web pages.
> Help with malware:
> All MS-MVP Sites.
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/darnit.html
>
> Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315
>
> So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
> For quite a few people it's by installing programs like Messenger Plus,
> whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to
> convince you that you owe it to the author. See also:
> http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=27971
> Don't ever do a "default" install of anything. Always choose Custom and
> see what else is being carried along. Don't install any extras you're not
> sure of.
>
> --
> Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
> Do not reply with email

Arun

Re: IE7 crash when accessing favorites or click on Links on Vista Home Premium

Hi All;

Finally I was able to track down the problem. My favorites sometimes appear
and some times it does not.
When I don't see any Favorites in IE7, clicking on Links bar crashes my IE7,
and below error message was
posted to Events.

I have an external hard disk, where I connect it to my computer
occasionally. Today I saw my IE7 showing all
my Favorites and quickly looked at the properties of Favorites... its mapped
to one of the folder in my external hard disk.

I moved it back to its original location %USERPROFILE%\Favorites and my IE7
is working fine.

Surely this is not a problem by Malware/Spyware (as suggested/advertised
here), but still wonder why IE7 crash when Favorites
are located to some other drive which is not available, instead of reporting
simple pop-up showing Favorites not available.

Any suggestions/comments on this behavior?

Regards
Arun