Session is no longer active message

TSchmoo

Session is no longer active message
I am trying to get into an account on Explorer. It lets me sign in, but when
I try to click on anything it bounces me out and I get the message "your
session is no longer active". I try to log in again and the same things
happens. I can log in on other computers, but no mine. Everyone has told me
it's a problem in Internet Explorer. Does anyone know what the problem is?
Leonard Grey

Re: Session is no longer active message
What did technical support for "an account" say?

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

TSchmoo wrote:
> I am trying to get into an account on Explorer. It lets me sign in, but when
> I try to click on anything it bounces me out and I get the message "your
> session is no longer active". I try to log in again and the same things
> happens. I can log in on other computers, but no mine. Everyone has told me
> it's a problem in Internet Explorer. Does anyone know what the problem is?

TSchmoo

Re: Session is no longer active message
It's a financial institution and they said it had to be a problem with my
computer. I am able to access it on other computers. They said it is more
than likely an Internet Explorer problem, but I haven't be able to figure it
out.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> What did technical support for "an account" say?
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> TSchmoo wrote:
> > I am trying to get into an account on Explorer. It lets me sign in, but when
> > I try to click on anything it bounces me out and I get the message "your
> > session is no longer active". I try to log in again and the same things
> > happens. I can log in on other computers, but no mine. Everyone has told me
> > it's a problem in Internet Explorer. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Re: Session is no longer active message
Full Windows version (e.g., Vista SP1)?

TSchmoo wrote:
> It's a financial institution and they said it had to be a problem with my
> computer. I am able to access it on other computers. They said it is more
> than likely an Internet Explorer problem, but I haven't be able to figure
> it
> out.
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> What did technical support for "an account" say?
>>
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> TSchmoo wrote:
>>> I am trying to get into an account on Explorer. It lets me sign in, but
>>> when I try to click on anything it bounces me out and I get the message
>>> "your session is no longer active". I try to log in again and the same
>>> things happens. I can log in on other computers, but no mine. Everyone
>>> has told me it's a problem in Internet Explorer. Does anyone know what
>>> the problem is?

Leonard Grey

Re: Session is no longer active message
lol...If your financial institution's tech knew what they were talking
about they would be able to explain what the problem is.

Historically, an unknown number of financial institutions have not
updated their software to recognize IE 7. You can make IE 7 look like IE
6 with this tool from Microsoft, which will not harm your computer in
any way:

User Agent String Utility version 2
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

TSchmoo wrote:
> It's a financial institution and they said it had to be a problem with my
> computer. I am able to access it on other computers. They said it is more
> than likely an Internet Explorer problem, but I haven't be able to figure it
> out.
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> What did technical support for "an account" say?
>>
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> TSchmoo wrote:
>>> I am trying to get into an account on Explorer. It lets me sign in, but when
>>> I try to click on anything it bounces me out and I get the message "your
>>> session is no longer active". I try to log in again and the same things
>>> happens. I can log in on other computers, but no mine. Everyone has told me
>>> it's a problem in Internet Explorer. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Re: Session is no longer active message
[Could be https:// vs http:// pages in Vista with IE running in Protected
Mode.]

Leonard Grey wrote:
> lol...If your financial institution's tech knew what they were talking
> about they would be able to explain what the problem is.
>
> Historically, an unknown number of financial institutions have not
> updated their software to recognize IE 7. You can make IE 7 look like IE
> 6 with this tool from Microsoft, which will not harm your computer in
> any way:
>
> User Agent String Utility version 2
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/d...displaylang=en
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> TSchmoo wrote:
>> It's a financial institution and they said it had to be a problem with my
>> computer. I am able to access it on other computers. They said it is more
>> than likely an Internet Explorer problem, but I haven't be able to figure
>> it out.
>>
>> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>>
>>> What did technical support for "an account" say?
>>>
>>> ---
>>> Leonard Grey
>>> Errare humanum est

TSchmoo

Re: Session is no longer active message
Thanks so much!!! It worked. Wow, that was almost too simple. Thanks for
your help.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> lol...If your financial institution's tech knew what they were talking
> about they would be able to explain what the problem is.
>
> Historically, an unknown number of financial institutions have not
> updated their software to recognize IE 7. You can make IE 7 look like IE
> 6 with this tool from Microsoft, which will not harm your computer in
> any way:
>
> User Agent String Utility version 2
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/d...displaylang=en
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> TSchmoo wrote:
> > It's a financial institution and they said it had to be a problem with my
> > computer. I am able to access it on other computers. They said it is more
> > than likely an Internet Explorer problem, but I haven't be able to figure it
> > out.
> >
> > "Leonard Grey" wrote:
> >
> >> What did technical support for "an account" say?
> >>
> >> ---
> >> Leonard Grey
> >> Errare humanum est

TSchmoo

Re: Session is no longer active message
Thanks for responding PA Bear, but Leonard Grey fixed the problem.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [Could be https:// vs http:// pages in Vista with IE running in Protected
> Mode.]
>
> Leonard Grey wrote:
> > lol...If your financial institution's tech knew what they were talking
> > about they would be able to explain what the problem is.
> >
> > Historically, an unknown number of financial institutions have not
> > updated their software to recognize IE 7. You can make IE 7 look like IE
> > 6 with this tool from Microsoft, which will not harm your computer in
> > any way:
> >
> > User Agent String Utility version 2
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/d...displaylang=en
> > ---
> > Leonard Grey
> > Errare humanum est
> >
> > TSchmoo wrote:
> >> It's a financial institution and they said it had to be a problem with my
> >> computer. I am able to access it on other computers. They said it is more
> >> than likely an Internet Explorer problem, but I haven't be able to figure
> >> it out.

Re: Session is no longer active message
Had you stated your Windows version in your first post, I might have
suggested what Leonard did.