Internet explorer 7 won't run on my XP SP2

Eduard Pouvoir

Internet explorer 7 won't run on my XP SP2
Hi,

I have a x86-2.7Ghz PC, 1 Gb memory and sufficient disk space. Running
windows XP SP2 pack. I did some antivirus installations Comodo firewall, AVG
antivirus, superantispyware. Now during the installation of these programs,
internet explorer ugradet itself to internet explorer 7. It probably ran into
troubles with these virus programs so i kicked them out and started all over,
downloaded file, installed it without problems. however whenever I would like
to run it, double click it. nothing happens. I tried even to remove the
complete internet explorer directory-which seems even not the possible in cmd
mode since a mysterious hand always puts back the files-, and try to
reinstall it again. I tried to install internetexplorer 6 service pack, but
this won't go because it tells there is a newer version available. It just
doesn't want to run on my PC. So I have to do it with mozarella Firefox. So
the question is what can I do to get internet explorer running on my PC. I'm
not qoing to upgrade to vista or reinstall XP.

regards,

Thanks

Re: Internet explorer 7 won't run on my XP SP2
Required reading IMHO before installing IE7:

Sandi's Installation Tips <= Steps #1-8, #10 & #11; take note of #12, then
STOP!
(ignore any references to Vista)

And I strongly recommend using
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow.../getitnow.mspx as the

Alternately, use this Direct Download link:

Tip: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it.

Make *certain* that you check in at Windows Update immediately after
installing IE7 and install any critical updates offered. If Optional
Updates category offers Root Certificates update, I recommend installing it
to take full advantage of IE7's additional security.

IEBlog : IE7 Installation and Anti-Malware Applications

What's New in Internet Explorer 7

Release Notes
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/Aa740486.aspx

IEBlog: IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/