Can't "reply" at home

braxx20

Can't "reply" at home
I have IE 7 (incidentally I did not see any groups listed for higher than
IE6!) and W XP

Ever since the latest patch (That interfered with Zonealarm _which has been
fixed), I can't Reply or start new threads. I had to go to a public computer
to send this.

My Tools say, allow popups. PLEASE help me with this , I can't tell you the
number of hours I have WASTED trying to solve this. No-one has mentioned
Internet options. Perhaps the problem is there.

Help gratefully accepted!! Perhaps whomever responds can give me an email
address that I can reply to since I am having so much trouble from home

Leonard Grey

Re: Can't "reply" at home
Instead of frustrating yourself with the annoying web interface, read a
newsgroup the /real/ way: with a newsreader. Outlook Express is your
newsreader in Windows XP. In Windows Vista it's Windows Mail. Just like
you don't send a boy to do a man's job, you don't read NNTP with HTTP.

"Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader"
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm

"Accessing Newsgroups With Windows Mail"
http://vistasupport.mvps.org/accessi...ndows_mail.htm

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

braxx20 wrote:
> I have IE 7 (incidentally I did not see any groups listed for higher than
> IE6!) and W XP
>
> Ever since the latest patch (That interfered with Zonealarm _which has been
> fixed), I can't Reply or start new threads. I had to go to a public computer
> to send this.
>
> My Tools say, allow popups. PLEASE help me with this , I can't tell you the
> number of hours I have WASTED trying to solve this. No-one has mentioned
> Internet options. Perhaps the problem is there.
>
> Help gratefully accepted!! Perhaps whomever responds can give me an email
> address that I can reply to since I am having so much trouble from home

Re: Can't "reply" at home
Disable any third-party pop-up stoppers or use a newsreader to access these
newsgroups.

Setting up Outlook Express to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm

Setting up Windows Mail (Vista) to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/mi...-windows-mail/
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

braxx20 wrote:
> I have IE 7 (incidentally I did not see any groups listed for higher than
> IE6!) and W XP
>
> Ever since the latest patch (That interfered with Zonealarm _which has
> been
> fixed), I can't Reply or start new threads. I had to go to a public
> computer to send this.
>
> My Tools say, allow popups. PLEASE help me with this , I can't tell you
> the
> number of hours I have WASTED trying to solve this. No-one has mentioned
> Internet options. Perhaps the problem is there.
>
> Help gratefully accepted!! Perhaps whomever responds can give me an email
> address that I can reply to since I am having so much trouble from home

braxx20

Re: Can't "reply" at home
Thanks, will try. Your second suggestion seems to refer to Vista. I have XP.
Does that make a difference?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Disable any third-party pop-up stoppers or use a newsreader to access these
> newsgroups.
>
> Setting up Outlook Express to access Microsoft newsgroups
> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm
>
> Setting up Windows Mail (Vista) to access Microsoft newsgroups
> http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/mi...-windows-mail/
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>

> braxx20 wrote:
> > I have IE 7 (incidentally I did not see any groups listed for higher than
> > IE6!) and W XP
> >
> > Ever since the latest patch (That interfered with Zonealarm _which has
> > been
> > fixed), I can't Reply or start new threads. I had to go to a public
> > computer to send this.
> >
> > My Tools say, allow popups. PLEASE help me with this , I can't tell you
> > the
> > number of hours I have WASTED trying to solve this. No-one has mentioned
> > Internet options. Perhaps the problem is there.
> >
> > Help gratefully accepted!! Perhaps whomever responds can give me an email
> > address that I can reply to since I am having so much trouble from home

Re: Can't "reply" at home
Use this first link, if WinXP.